Box of Rock vs shredmaster

• Members

box of rock. it has an amp-like crunch.

the shredmaster is a terrible distortion pedal that makes boss dirt pedals sound good by comparison. the only attractive quality it has is thats its rare and therefore expensive. they stopped making it for a reason. it sounds horrible.

:)

• Members

box of rock. it has an amp-like crunch.

the shredmaster is a terrible distortion pedal that makes boss dirt pedals sound good by comparison. the only attractive quality it has is thats its rare and therefore expensive. they stopped making it for a reason. it sounds horrible.

:)

BOR or DLS. This guy has the shredmaster nailed. I fell for the hype :facepalm:. Don't you do it, too.

• Members

The BoR is the more dynamic, "tube-like" pedal. No hard clipping either, so the decay is very natural.

An even more Marshall-esque pedal to consider is the Catalinbread DLS... lower price point than either as well.

• Members

yes, the Shredmaster isn't your average distortion pedal. and it took me ages to find i loved it, first of all i was like "crap i fell for hype" then i found the setting that made me jizz. And since i have not liked anything more than the SM

I could be wrong but weren't you in the "old Rats are made by Jesus " club as recently as 7 or 8 months ago?

Op - ymmv

• Members

I guess that depends on if you want classic Marshall amp sounds, or classic Marshall pedal sounds.

If amp, the only real answer here is DLS or the runoffgroove.com Thor.

BoR is a cool pedal, but the above pedals are cheaper and sound better.

Archived