No announcement yet.

Box of Rock vs shredmaster

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Box of Rock vs shredmaster

Which is the better pedal for classic rockmarshall tones?

******For Sale*******ZVEX SHODanelctro Cool Cat Chorushttp://www.harmonycentral.com/t5/Effects/ZVEX-EQD-Tremolo-midi-pedal-etc/m-p/35322845#U35322845

box of rock. it has an amp-like crunch.

the shredmaster is a terrible distortion pedal that makes boss dirt pedals sound good by comparison. the only attractive quality it has is thats its rare and therefore expensive. they stopped making it for a reason. it sounds horrible.

Comment

^ you obviously have know idea how to achieve great tone with gear
      My Board

Forum Hotties:MakuseruSukotto, Parah Salin, Letsgocoyote, Kriista,Scarlet Theory

http://indigowolf.bandcamp.com/ (Guitars and Keys)
      www.myspace.com/mdogpinecone

www.facebook.com/mathias.w.dowle

Originally Posted by rhcp311

Damn it, I hate people. If it wasn't for people, **************** like this wouldn't exist!

Comment

box of rock. it has an amp-like crunch.

the shredmaster is a terrible distortion pedal that makes boss dirt pedals sound good by comparison. the only attractive quality it has is thats its rare and therefore expensive. they stopped making it for a reason. it sounds horrible.

BOR or DLS. This guy has the shredmaster nailed. I fell for the hype . Don't you do it, too.
        SPAM (FS/FT):
        * ProCo Turbo Rat (early 90's w/ LM308 chip) $80
        * Gibson ABR1 Tune-O-Matic Bridge (UNOPENED in package) $30

***PRICES INCLUDE SH/PP***

WANT

Comment

I love the shredmaster, i havent found a distortion pedal i like more.
          My Board

Forum Hotties:MakuseruSukotto, Parah Salin, Letsgocoyote, Kriista,Scarlet Theory

Damn it, I hate people. If it wasn't for people, **************** like this wouldn't exist!

Comment

^ you obviously have know idea how to achieve great tone with gear

you obviously have no idea how to spell the word 'no'.

i know, i know. theres a lot a letters and it gets complicated...oke:

Comment

you obviously have no idea how to spell the word 'no'.

i know, i know. theres a lot a letters and it gets complicated...oke:

hey you! Do you know who i am??! I'm a big deal!

My Board

Comment

You guys obviously have no idea how to use a Shredmaster.
                Catch "Wall of Sound" on WRGP Radiate FM, Wednesday 10pm-Midnight EST. Shoegaze-Noise-Psychadelia www.wrgp.org

Deals: mr benn, NetStar, seifukusha

Originally Posted by knobs.

it's all radiohead's fault.

Originally Posted by rock-lobster

no! ANYTHING BUT STEVE RAVAN!!!

Comment

hey you! Do you know who i am??! I'm a big deal!

Comment

yes, the Shredmaster isn't your average distortion pedal. and it took me ages to find i loved it, first of all i was like "crap i fell for hype" then i found the setting that made me jizz. And since i have not liked anything more than the SM
                    My Board

Comment

The BoR is the more dynamic, "tube-like" pedal. No hard clipping either, so the decay is very natural.

An even more Marshall-esque pedal to consider is the Catalinbread DLS... lower price point than either as well.
                      "When I am working on a problem, I never think about beauty, but when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong." - R. Buckminster Fuller

Comment

[COLOR="Navy"]Shredmaster just for the re-sale value.
                        "Sing unto Him a a new song; play skilfully with a loud noise."
                        -Psalms 33:3
                        "Praise Him with tambourines and dancing. Praise Him with stringed instruments and flutes."- Psalms 150:4

Marshall Valvestate -Vox Pathfinder 15R - Fulltone Fulldrive II - Joyo U.Drive - Proco RAT II - VS True Tone - Boss RV3 - EHX Small Clone - Custom Tremolo - Ibanez SA320 - Ibanez DE7 - Am Fender Strat

Check out my Flickr Photos
                        Our Church group site!!

Comment

yes, the Shredmaster isn't your average distortion pedal. and it took me ages to find i loved it, first of all i was like "crap i fell for hype" then i found the setting that made me jizz. And since i have not liked anything more than the SM

I could be wrong but weren't you in the "old Rats are made by Jesus " club as recently as 7 or 8 months ago?

Op - ymmv
                          prices shipped and paypal'd to the 48

Working HC Specific Search Link

Comment

I could be wrong but weren't you in the "old Rats are made by Jesus " club as recently as 7 or 8 months ago?

Op - ymmv

i do not believe so, i have never owned a rat
                            My Board

Comment

i just like that the guy with Kid A in his name is defending the shredmaster
                              Current Pedalboard

35+ Good Transactions

Comment

Working...
                              X