No announcement yet.

Electric Mistress power supply?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric Mistress power supply?

I am about to buy one, and i would like to be able to power it with my dc brick using the 18 volt supply, but it is saying its a 24v supply that comes with the pedal. For some reason, i keep hearing people talk about 18v with this pedal, so is it possible to run it at 18v, or are all of these people wrong?

Thanks!
    Good Deals with: spitfireme123, lovEd, benintexas, eor, rydia is hot, BloodBros, downer01, rabbot13, mewithoutlouie, Faldoe, VTM, thesockmonster, Dark Aegis, Unclemeat, Snare227, tashiattack, joaocunha

Agile Al-3000
    Peters Gryphon
    Mesa Traditional 4x12

Check out my band, it would be greatly appreciated

www.myspace.com/velaofficial

Original, Deluxe or Stereo version?

Comment

the deluxe version
      Good Deals with: spitfireme123, lovEd, benintexas, eor, rydia is hot, BloodBros, downer01, rabbot13, mewithoutlouie, Faldoe, VTM, thesockmonster, Dark Aegis, Unclemeat, Snare227, tashiattack, joaocunha

Agile Al-3000
      Peters Gryphon
      Mesa Traditional 4x12

Comment

don't know for sure but I think the Deluxe is 24v
        the first version of the Original was 18v.

Comment

bump, anyone else know about this?

Agile Al-3000
          Peters Gryphon
          Mesa Traditional 4x12

Comment

The DEM is 24v.

the original electric mistress used 2x9v batteries for 18v.

Comment

No. I recently sold an ORIGINAL EHX DEM (~1977), it had a 2 prong 110v AC cord.
              It definitely did NOT take batteries.

You want the DEFINITIVE answer? Go here:
              EHX Forums
              Joe... "Some say that having a dark side will lead to no good... I certainly hope so."Gibson: '11 Les Paul Studio 60s DeluxeFender: '69 Mustang Competition; '91 Stratocaster Plus; '11 Telecaster StandardOvation: '06 Elite-T 1868T; '79 Glen Campbell Artist 1627; '95 Balladeer 1751-12PRS: '07 CE22; '03 Santana SE; '12 Tremonti SEMartin: '12 GPCPA4 RWBradley: '77 Les Paul Custom

Comment

he is talking about the original Electric Mistress...different beast

Comment

^ Yup. You have your mistresses confused, I'm afraid.

The original Electric Mistress used 2x9v batteries for 18 volts, and was later rebuilt to run on a single 9v battery.
                  The original Deluxe Electric Mistress did have a mains cable, and was later rebuilt to use a 24vDC adapter.

The EM and DEM are two different pedals... and (to the OP) the modern DEM needs 24 volts DC, so it can not be powered from a DC Brick.

/Andreas
                  The Power List

Comment

No. I recently sold an ORIGINAL EHX DEM (~1977), it had a 2 prong 110v AC cord.
                    It definitely did NOT take batteries.

You want the DEFINITIVE answer? Go here:
                    EHX Forums

oh, the irony.....

Comment

Working...
                    X