Anybody work for a non-profit?

matterday

• Members

I think I just got a job but I don't want to turn into one of those bat {censored} crazy sidewalk preachers by the time summer is over. It's cool and I believe in the cause I just don't want to be seen as a liberal hippie tree hugging vegan.

• Members

Sometimes it feels like I do! I keed.

My only suggestion is work with a nonprofit that has their {censored} together. What I mean by that is they have specific legislation written or being written before you go out and collect names for them and their work. I've seen far too many left leaning people get suckered into bull{censored} organizations who send good spirited hardworking people out to collect names and money for no real purpose at all. So don't go to a door looking like a sucker, "Do you want to give money to save the trees?" And a guy like me says, "maybe, do you have something for me to read, like a history of your organization's legislative victories or maybe the current verbage of something you are working on or involved with now?"

Unfortunately, also a lot of good well-meaning organizations behave a lot like your first garage band did, "Hey I got the album artwork done, maybe now we should write 11 songs?"

:facepalm:

• Members

I volunteered last summer for philly's child advocacy center, and i gotta say it felt really good doing that work. If its for a good cause, you'll feel great doin the work, not to mention you'll make a buck or two :thu:

Archived