X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quote Originally Posted by Overwhelmed987
    View Post

Ive had mine for 2 months (maybe 3?) and Ive never considered selling it. The only thing I might think about doing is getting a DD-3 or DE7 for a simple delay, and use the TB for JUST pitch delays, tremolo and a bonus looper.

this is exactly what i think about it. it can do delay great sure, but you really want it for the pitch shifting delays. the bad thing about it is it cant do both a delay and a pitch shifted delay at once which is why you need a simple delay also. this is why ive been considering selling mine because is it really worth the extra $$ on top of a boss ps-3 when i pretty much use it for that sole reason? it is much nicer than the ps-3 and a bit more flexible but i dunno if i can justify the price just yet.

Comment

bump. i have to choose between these.

Comment

I bought the timebender. Same price as the dd20, figure I could flip if I don't like.

Comment

DD-20 will outlive a Timebender
          O)))

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by pbone
            View Post

I bought the timebender. Same price as the dd20, figure I could flip if I don't like.

Sweet. Is it getting shipped or do you have it?
            FS/FT:

Blackout Effectors Mantra - Black. $140 shipped to the lower 48.

Good dealings with: Conky, Barney Steele, Orbis Mortis, LWatford-2, Blakemore Effects, Aaron SS, Juri, High Gain, FoxMan, IRG, Orange Worker, Panther King, BHz_econo, 9520575, Hangwire, Doug Deeper, SH333, Dylanwilde, frenchji, rossta1, Computicus, ToonHollow

Comment

Shipped. I'll have it next week, along with my new Ampeg VT60.

Comment

i just got a timebender for xmas, its the tits.

i used a dd20 for about 5 years a while back, its the tits too.

the timebender has bigger titties
                Post Modern Southern Sonic Prepared Concrete Annihilation.

Comment

how are the pitch shifting things? i thought they sounded cheese balls.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by dZjupp
                    View Post

i just got a timebender for xmas, its the tits.

i used a dd20 for about 5 years a while back, its the tits too.

the timebender has bigger titties

FS/FT:

Blackout Effectors Mantra - Black. $140 shipped to the lower 48.

Good dealings with: Conky, Barney Steele, Orbis Mortis, LWatford-2, Blakemore Effects, Aaron SS, Juri, High Gain, FoxMan, IRG, Orange Worker, Panther King, BHz_econo, 9520575, Hangwire, Doug Deeper, SH333, Dylanwilde, frenchji, rossta1, Computicus, ToonHollow

Comment

View Post

The pitch shifting sounds pretty much identical to a Whammy or HarmonyMan - I've always assumed they just implemented that circuit into the wet/repeated signal path.
                      Cathedral Bells
                      Ten and Six

Guitar: '78 Electra Omega Les Paul
                      Effects: EHX HOG, Digitech Timebender,
                      EHX Stereo Clone Theory, Mooer Pitchbox,
                      Crybaby Classic, EQD Rainbow Machine,
                      Line 6 DL4, T1M Mini-Stutta, Ernie Ball VP Jr.
                      Amp: Fender Tweed Blues Jr. NOS

Comment

View Post

well i can tell you now that i have it why most of the demoes use the dynamic modes, as the pitch shifted repeats aren't as in your face as with the other setting. the 2 tape modes are really splendid. which is good because i loved the tape mode on the Hardwire DL8.

my 2 cents, and granted i've only played through it a week;

The Dynamic modes don't seem to react as well as the dynamic mode on say a TC Nova Delay (but that also has THE BEST dynamic mode)

doesn't really matter for me as i could give a **************** less about dynamic and rhythm mode playing anymore

Overall from what i've seen and heard, its a very intuitive i think and has alot of potential, sounds like a digitech delay overall (which is not a bad thing)

i've always wanted one for Frisell style delays.

the analog and tape modes are very very surprising, way better than boss or line 6. prob not as good as the strymon stuff.

but,

to add a multitude of pitch settings to the repeats, nothing else can really match it in the regard of applying basically whatever freaking pitch effect to it.

Comment

I had the Timebender and really it is an excellent delay. My only complaints were that A) the tracking on the pitch shifting sucks balls for chords, and B) the modulation has just 3 speed settings which don't go fast enough.

But, it sounds great and has a tonne of options.
                          Recent good deals: Fruvai, Darkmavis, Mind_Riot89, jeid2000, Krish, andthenurse, JDE, figjamaussie, Slow Life, The Riffer, Netstar, SimplyBen, magnum pi, WAWBanks, Hides-His-Eyes, Neoflox, woolyh, AidyCM, Gambit, MPH, joshp13589

DCC Engineering - custom cabinets, pedals and amps.
                          Omens - my band

Originally Posted by FreekishBluesFX

Let me see you piss on me and I will show you my tits. Well it no work that way. You need to rub my balls first. And balls I mean testicles

Comment

so since i spoke about the timebender. i use to use the DD-20 for about 5 years. it is so dead easy and awesome to program and has settings to change that are actually usable and functional for someone that gigs out, has their settings and rig that they don't want to screw around with. its the ultimate utilitarian delay.

i got rid of it because it just was never powerful enough (soundwise) compared to everything else that started coming out in the last few years.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckNorris1982
                              View Post

I had the Timebender and really it is an excellent delay. My only complaints were that A) the tracking on the pitch shifting sucks balls for chords, and B) the modulation has just 3 speed settings which don't go fast enough.

But, it sounds great and has a tonne of options.

dude, these are pretty much my main 2 complaints as well, so far. but the modulation is good, just wish there was a speed and depth

Comment

Well there is depth control, but only for the three preset speeds.

it's also pretty whack that it runs on AC power, but not a dealbreaker.
                                Recent good deals: Fruvai, Darkmavis, Mind_Riot89, jeid2000, Krish, andthenurse, JDE, figjamaussie, Slow Life, The Riffer, Netstar, SimplyBen, magnum pi, WAWBanks, Hides-His-Eyes, Neoflox, woolyh, AidyCM, Gambit, MPH, joshp13589

DCC Engineering - custom cabinets, pedals and amps.
                                Omens - my band

Originally Posted by FreekishBluesFX

Let me see you piss on me and I will show you my tits. Well it no work that way. You need to rub my balls first. And balls I mean testicles

Comment

Working...
                                X