BYOC VB-2 Vibrato Clone kits are back

• Members

If there is an issue with hiss then its probably in the original pedal. Those clones were supposed to be the most legit thing they had done at that point. I ordered one to check out. I think Im going to have to bump my DIY board up to a bigger size.

• Members

Huh. I was gonna get a BBE Mind Bender, but maybe I should go for this. Any thoughts?

If you've got the soldering knowledge to complete the kit and an interest in the sound it produces, I can't imagine steering you away from it. Beyond that, these things are practically guaranteed to maintain their retail value, and tend to sell for a bit more than the kit itself when they pop up on eBay.

Me on the other hand? I'm waiting for the 919 :wave:

• Members

I hear its one of the more difficult builds. I was gassing over it a couple years ago but quickly got over it. Now I am going to see if I can build funds toward one.

The Mindbender is a great pedal for the big bends, but not near the quality of the BYOC.

I would say they are very smart to do this, but only 100? They should be gone by the end of the week.

But where are the clips?

:confused:

• Members

I know, right? I was half tempted to get one myself to put some clips up on Youtube or something. There was one of these on eBay last week that I thought about picking up, but I couldn't find any good clips for the thing. Or even the VB-2 itself, for that matter.

• Members

Beyond that, these things are practically guaranteed to maintain their retail value, and tend to sell for a bit more than the kit itself when they pop up on eBay.

A built unit with a nice paintjob just sold for under a hundy on ebay.

FYI.

• 10 months later...

Archived