No announcement yet.

BYOC VB-2 Vibrato Clone kits are back

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BYOC VB-2 Vibrato Clone kits are back

BUT it Looks like they are only offering 100.

http://buildyourownclone.com/vibrato.html
    -=

I heard there was an issue with hiss on the V1...I wonder if they fixed that...

Comment

i just bought 62 of them, who wants one?
      Originally Posted by Brokencyde

crunkcore.
      WRONG. FUSION.

Good transactions with: lots of people

Comment

If there is an issue with hiss then its probably in the original pedal. Those clones were supposed to be the most legit thing they had done at that point. I ordered one to check out. I think Im going to have to bump my DIY board up to a bigger size.

Comment

Huh. I was gonna get a BBE Mind Bender, but maybe I should go for this. Any thoughts?
          Good transactions with: Used666, jdawg7776, Liff, murch33, fortytwo, badguitarist, onewhiteduck, Cardinal of Crunk, stevemcb, Proton Lenny, Vintage_Freak, jhamnett.

Comment

Huh. I was gonna get a BBE Mind Bender, but maybe I should go for this. Any thoughts?

If you've got the soldering knowledge to complete the kit and an interest in the sound it produces, I can't imagine steering you away from it. Beyond that, these things are practically guaranteed to maintain their retail value, and tend to sell for a bit more than the kit itself when they pop up on eBay.

Me on the other hand? I'm waiting for the 919
            Great Deals with:
            Daveydude, themeanreds, akeido, chuckmoose, stuey222, Islandamp, thewizardsofhop, rockapede, StopReferencing, sschultz242, wesleyryanlynch, recto-robbie, Philly Fuzz, -Anti-, barryj61, drawdeep, Scotts914ce, heartben, anti-flag193, Iamtehcure, cmog, pedmands, facingfailure, itkindaworks, bhsbhswarp, LWatford-2, Leftside, surfn748, MoreBeer, tinypants, forayear, DonaldDemon, the.bjorndahl, Insubordination

Comment

I hear its one of the more difficult builds. I was gassing over it a couple years ago but quickly got over it. Now I am going to see if I can build funds toward one.

The Mindbender is a great pedal for the big bends, but not near the quality of the BYOC.
              I would say they are very smart to do this, but only 100? They should be gone by the end of the week.
              But where are the clips?
              -=

Comment

I know, right? I was half tempted to get one myself to put some clips up on Youtube or something. There was one of these on eBay last week that I thought about picking up, but I couldn't find any good clips for the thing. Or even the VB-2 itself, for that matter.
                Great Deals with:
                Daveydude, themeanreds, akeido, chuckmoose, stuey222, Islandamp, thewizardsofhop, rockapede, StopReferencing, sschultz242, wesleyryanlynch, recto-robbie, Philly Fuzz, -Anti-, barryj61, drawdeep, Scotts914ce, heartben, anti-flag193, Iamtehcure, cmog, pedmands, facingfailure, itkindaworks, bhsbhswarp, LWatford-2, Leftside, surfn748, MoreBeer, tinypants, forayear, DonaldDemon, the.bjorndahl, Insubordination

Comment

Is the VB-2 based off the CE-1 vibrato? love the sound of the CE-1 and really wanna get the sound without having to sell myself on the street
                  Originally Posted by RoboPimp

doesn't everyone have a psychedelic dungeon?

Cool people : Tengo, jah_vengeance, Supernova9, scott_tele, 21rush12, HeartfeltDawn, Kaz2550, Kayzer, daysofspeed, kpd78, RoboPimp, jrkirkish, WAWBanks, PerFusionist, Pointer, wiklund87, tubezipper, Foamoi_refreshe, melx, JRBain, arcaneaether, Barnaby, Hardly, strtdv, sh333, RadioSilence, deftoneboy, Poltergeist, Snufkino, Mogwai, Soapbars, fuzzface71, JDE and loads more...

Comment

Beyond that, these things are practically guaranteed to maintain their retail value, and tend to sell for a bit more than the kit itself when they pop up on eBay.

A built unit with a nice paintjob just sold for under a hundy on ebay.

FYI.

Comment

Should I be interested in this since I have the Diamond. I've always wanted a VB-2.
                      Six Acre Lake on Bandcamp

Six Acre Lake on Facebook

Comment

I have a diamond and the red witch empress so there was no reason to buy the BYOC but I felt like some DIY vibrato action.

Comment

Well I never ended up pulling a trigger on a diamond so I think I'll give this guy a try. It should be a fun build.
                          Good Deals with: rdm, Keith SIO, 7stringofablick, Puckman, murch33 (x2), afibmx, TechBrother, drasp (x2), effectsiation, Killing Nevada, Brother_Budro, huskerjohn, ampman1989, thefool, morningstaru, bennintexas, BuesBirdAAA, Cleverbastid, Gunslinger69, StopReferencing, Crxsh (x37)

Originally Posted by Cassette

the pop is the pedals way of telling you that it loves you

Comment

hmmm 38 left now
                            Good Deals with: rdm, Keith SIO, 7stringofablick, Puckman, murch33 (x2), afibmx, TechBrother, drasp (x2), effectsiation, Killing Nevada, Brother_Budro, huskerjohn, ampman1989, thefool, morningstaru, bennintexas, BuesBirdAAA, Cleverbastid, Gunslinger69, StopReferencing, Crxsh (x37)

Originally Posted by Cassette

the pop is the pedals way of telling you that it loves you

Comment

I'm more that satisfied with my Diamond, plus I couldn't build something like this. I find though, that as much as I like the effect, it's probably my least used effect.

Comment

Working...
                              X