Recommend me a Colorsound clone

• Members

a colorsound what?

AFAIK Colorsound Powerboost is the only pedal of note, but I'm probably wrong. (Gilmour uses one)

If it's the Powerboost he's talking about, then this thread is relevant to my interests.

• Members

AFAIK Colorsound Powerboost is the only pedal of note, but I'm probably wrong. (Gilmour uses one)

If it's the Powerboost he's talking about, then this thread is relevant to my interests.

Colorsound have loads of good pedals. The Overdriver is really good.

To the OP, I'd recommend saving up more pennies and then buying the Throbak Overdrive Boost. Worth every single penny and one of the most versatile pedals out there. It's up there with the Tim and Skreddy Screwdriver for me.

http://www.gundrymedia.typepad.com/

• Members

Like I said, the Powerboost is the only Colorsound pedal of note.
:thu:

wut?

what about the tone bender,one-knob fuzz, the tremolo, the wha and other thousand pedals?

try them first:cop:

• Members

a bit over, but it's definitely worth it.
the mkIII is the tonebender mkII clone

if you want to talk to him on here, his name is duderanimus

I'm looking for a Colorsound Power boost clone. I dunno, the Throbak seems like the best option, but I'd like something cheaper.

• Members

And you've used how many...?
:cop:

The yellow Tonebender is a very cool pedal and I'm happy with the Colorsound trem on my board.

I've had the fortune to try the tone bender, a couple of fuzz and the wah cos here in Napoli there's a guy (not so young really) who has collected gear for all his life. So now and then he let me try something!

• Members

And you've used how many...?
:cop:

The yellow Tonebender is a very cool pedal and I'm happy with the Colorsound trem on my board.

Tell me, which one was he asking about again? Oh riiiiight, the Powerboost, which is what I said...:cool:

It's not the end of the world, get over it. :facepalm:

• Members

Tell me, which one was he asking about again? Oh riiiiight, the Powerboost, which is what I said...
:cool:

It's not the end of the world, get over it.
:facepalm:

You said the Powerboost was the only Colorsound pedal of note. You are wrong :wave:

If you want a Powerboost, buy the Throbak. The chap I bought my Overdrive Boost from has just scored a cheap Overdriver and says the Throbak is very close in terms of sound. The last Colorsound Overdriver on UK Ebay went for

• Members

Here are two Colorsound Power Boost / Overdriver clones i know of:

The Vintage FX Colordrive looks really cool. I refuse to get the RX Prescription clone because it's $150. For an extra $60 I could snag my own Macari Colorsound pedal (I probably need to do this anyway).

• Members

mmmm.....so everyone is cool with clones now all of a sudden?

good news, so what's the best Zvex SHO clone?

The boutique guys don't want to admit it, but nearly every pedal is either a clone or very similar to existing pedals bro. Minor differences to schematics that have been used for many years.

They just dress it up in a fancy box, make it true bypass, and charge $350. :thu:

• Members

The Prescription Electronics can be snagged used for less than 150. The VintageFX never really did it for me... the Throbak tho....... wow.

My feelings precisely on the Throbak. It covers so much ground. I'd love to try more pedals from Throbak in the future.

• 8 years later...
  • Members

Prescription Electronics, won every show out. They're not in business any more, but available quite often..It's been my go to for years. I'm a player "sessions/tours" in Nashville. The opinions in town are, that the PE sounds closer to the originals than the Colorsound re-issues and it does have a volume and drive setting, unlike the ones from the 70's, but like the Colorsound re-issues also have..The re-issues and the Throbak brand, are said to be smoother; to smooth, compared to the originals..PE overdriver has more character, and is more raw, like the original 70's Colorsound,w/the added master volume, being the only circuit difference..I know several guys who sold there Throbaks to get the PE version..And to me, it does blows the Throbak away. Throbak has to many circuit options and changes..Germanium option, input gain and so on..

Archived