Stereo Blender Pedal?

blujosh

• Members

anyone know of anyone that makes a stereo blend pedal? basically an effects loop pedal that has stereo inputs, outputs, sends and returns with a blend knob? in other words, something like this or even a footpedal like this but a stereo version.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

anyone know of anyone that makes a stereo blend pedal? basically an effects loop pedal that has stereo inputs, outputs, sends and returns with a blend knob? in other words, something like
or even a footpedal like
but a stereo version.

buh bump

• Members

ls2.jpg

i have the Morley FX Blender, which i'm quite positive does not have stereo ins, outs, sends or returns.

i have the LS-2 as well but i don't see how you would use it that so that you have a stereo signal coming into it, have a blendable stereo pedal in the loop and then still have stereo outputs? it seems like the signal would have to get summed to mono somewhere in the process using the LS-2 - which is what i'm trying to avoid. if i'm incorrect, please feel free to correct me...

• 2 years later...
  • Members

i have the Morley FX Blender, which i'm quite positive does not have stereo ins, outs, sends or returns.

i have the LS-2 as well but i don't see how you would use it that so that you have a stereo signal coming into it, have a blendable stereo pedal in the loop and then still have stereo outputs? it seems like the signal would have to get summed to mono somewhere in the process using the LS-2 - which is what i'm trying to avoid. if i'm incorrect, please feel free to correct me...

just bumping this thread/question that i posted a few years back since i haven't found a solution since, and am hoping that something of this nature has been designed since or that there's someone out there that can do so.

to recap, i'm looking for a blend(er) pedal to use with a stereo signal for the input, send, receive, and output jacks. in other words, the input, send, receive, and output that are each either a pair of mono (TS) 1/4" jacks or a single stereo (TRS) 1/4" jack. the previously mentioned suggestions, the morley FX blender, and the boss ls-2, only have mono ins and outs, so cannot be used in this fashion.

• Members

Interesting.

Boss LS-2 is a great pedal, but yeah, Xotic's Stereo X-blender fills those gaps.

stereo_x_blender__79161_zoom.png

Loads of demos here

http://www.effectsdatabase.com/model/xotic/custom/xblender/stereo

i just saw that, but from what i can tell, the input is mono. i need one w/ a stereo input - either a pair of mono (TS) 1/4" jacks or a single stereo (TRS) 1/4" jack.

i also only need sends and returns for a single (stereo) loop

• Members

So, you want two inputs, two outputs and two effect loops that can be blended with their respective clean signals?

yes, that's more or less correct.

although, i think of the effect loop as a single stereo effect loop as opposed to two effect loops because the blend of the two pairs of mono/TS jacks or (a single stereo/TRS jack), used for then send and return jacks respectively, would be controlled by a single mix/blend knob.

• Members

Radial has come out with 500 series lunchbox format, it may work for you, but man get your wallet out.

what are you trying to accomplish?

unfortunately the send and return of that are unbalanced (aka mono).

what i'm trying to accomplish is this:

the output of my rig/pedalboard is a stereo signal (a panning delay).

i'd like to take that signal and retain the stereo spread but be able to blend in other stereo effects on top of it, but not completely wet (aka in serial). in other words, i want the ability to blend the stereo signal with other stereo effects in varying degrees..

the ideal pedal would be something like this: http://www.bargeconcepts.com/vbjr.html

but all of the jacks (input, send, return, and output) would either be stereo/TRS jacks or a pair of mono/TS jacks.

• Members

unfortunately the send and return of that are unbalanced (aka mono).

what i'm trying to accomplish is this:

the output of my rig/pedalboard is a stereo signal (a panning delay).

i'd like to take that signal and retain the stereo spread but be able to blend in other stereo effects on top of it, but not completely wet (aka in serial). in other words, i want the ability to blend the stereo signal with other stereo effects in varying degrees..

the ideal pedal would be something like this:
http://www.bargeconcepts.com/vbjr.html

but all of the jacks (input, send, return, and output) would either be stereo/TRS jacks or a pair of mono/TS jacks.

yeah, you'd needf two of them. I've never heard of stereo send and return inserts, you just use two channels.

you could also buy a Radial JD-7 (splits your signal 7 times) and route each path on it's own (using volume pedals to blend) and then sum the whole deal with a mixer, the mixer would have to be instrument level though, assuming you're running into guitar amps. sounds way complicated, are you sure it's worth the effort? the simpler the better yada yada :lol:

• Members

yeah, you'd needf two of them. I've never heard of stereo send and return inserts, you just use two channels.

you could also buy a Radial JD-7 (splits your signal 7 times) and route each path on it's own (using volume pedals to blend) and then sum the whole deal with a mixer, the mixer would have to be instrument level though, assuming you're running into guitar amps. sounds way complicated, are you sure it's worth the effort? the simpler the better yada yada
:lol:

i haven't heard of it either, but figured it's not out of the realm of possibility (and am trying to avoid a setup as elaborate as what you described above), which is why i posted it in this forum.

i suppose another way to describe what i'm looking for is this: two indepedent blend cicuits in one box (each with a single input jack, send jack, return jack, and output jack), but with a single knob that controls the mix for both effect loops.

trying to avoid using two seperate blend boxes, but i guess that would be my fallback plan.

• Members

not quite a beginners project ( at least for me), summing amplifiers etc.

i'm not a builder, so i'm just speculating here (correct me if i'm wrong), but i don't there there'd be any summing going on. it would essentially be two blenders, blending independent channels/effects loops, but there would only be one pot controlling the two mixes.

@|||, is this something you'd know how to do?

• Members

i'm not a builder, so i'm just speculating here (correct me if i'm wrong), but i don't there there'd be any summing going on. it would essentially be two blenders, blending independent channels/effects loops, but there would only be one pot controlling the two mixes.

@|||, is this something you'd know how to do?

if you're ending up with a single pair of stereo outs, you are certainly summing (mixing)

Archived