No announcement yet.

So, people. Mosrite FUZZrite anyone?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, people. Mosrite FUZZrite anyone?

So, as my search for fuzz pedals continues, and I'm starting to expand my viewing horizon beyond the traditional fuzz face types, it occurs to me I don't see any conversation on here about this particular fuzz.

Mosrite Fuzzrite. apparently one of the earlier designs, apparently not commonly cloned in the current pedalbuilding environment. Not even entirely sure which bands used it and what it really sounds like.

So, perhaps a sort of communal learning session is in order here? What info is there to be had on this particular pedal?
    Originally Posted by jnurp

hearing brokenhymen or whatever they are called makes me appreciate one single note from BB king that much more.

Originally Posted by jrkirkish

Obama: "The partisan divide is killing this country"
    Left side of the room: *Standing ovation*
    Right side of the room: *silence*
    Obama (later, alone and drinking): *facepalm*

Not my cup. Kinda thin sounding but maybe that's the recording.

">" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Originally Posted by joncyberboy

If they don't do anal within a month i'm totally disinterested as they clearly don't respect my needs.

Good deals:

Utterhack - Stomboxman - Unklesam - The Eristic - Workingclasszero - peelingpaint98 x3 - Mojoman - PurpleStrat - Steve Howe - TheMeanReds - Stereotypy - Carrier Street - Hivedestruction - mrmisse - lowbrow - bvester - Doug Deeper - sa1112 - 6StrngStrangler

Comment

Listen to Blue's Theme by Davie Allan and the Arrows.

That's the Fuzzrite sound. I kind of want one myself.

Comment

Brad over at Creepy Fingers does a germanium version of the fuzzrite (called the fuzzfight).

http://www.myspace.com/creepyfingerseffects

I'm really digging the doomidrive I got from him, I'm thinking a fuzzfight might be next.
        Run!

There are some that call me... Morningstaru?

Comment

I used to have the Fuzzbrite. And yes they do sound thin. The enclosure is way too big for what's inside IMO. It has very few sweet spots.
          But it looks like they're pretty authentic sounding. Another good thing is that they are very low noise.

Comment

Listen to Blue's Theme by Davie Allan and the Arrows.

That's the Fuzzrite sound. I kind of want one myself.

">" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
            -=

Comment

i was watching THIS auction on ebay but it ended before i had the money to buy.
              It looks like they sell them regularly so i hope they list some more soon.

Comment

i've tried one...very bright + very compressed = not my thing.
                about the only reason i considered getting it was because it was back when i was messing with the idea of having an auerbach-esque fuzz collection
                partscaster (rio grande & vintage vibe pups), ric 370, fender toronado
                modded valve jr, ga17rvt, super reverb clone (soon), 212 w/ blue dog/silver bell
                ocd, modded bmp

Comment

The word "thin" should never be used to describe the sound of a Fuzzrite.

Check out the tonefrenzy website. I think there is a demo clip of the fuzzrite (among many other pedals) that actually does it some justice if I recall. Anyway, I have a 68 version and it's by far my favorite fuzz.

http://www.tonefrenzy.com/effects/mosrite_fuzz_rite.html

Also, beware of fuzzrites on ebay. I've seen sellers patching parts together and selling them as "original." They might be fine fuzzes to have but should not have a huge price tag.

Comment

Not really an authority on them, but I would love one. I heart all things Mosrite...
                    My old band: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/dragstripriot
                    Gibson Les Paul junior/'67 Fender Bassman/Marshall 1965 cab/ '91 MIJ
                    fender p bass/ampeg B-15S/2 15" Marshall JCM800 bass cabs

Comment

i had one on breadboard a few years ago.

As i remember it used odd value pots. I seem to remember a 300K pot, which is not a common value. The gain pot configuration works very differently than most other fuzzes, although i think that is actually the reason that it sounds like ****************.

Obviously i can't speak for the original, as i've never tried one. The one I had on breadboard was not something I really liked though.
                      Visit the Subdecay Website!Follow Subdecay on facebook & you could win a free pedal.

Comment

I have an original and a Fuzzbrite. Sound pretty close, as I remember.

Comment

Brad over at Creepy Fingers does a germanium version of the fuzzrite (called the fuzzfight).

http://www.myspace.com/creepyfingerseffects

I'm really digging the doomidrive I got from him, I'm thinking a fuzzfight might be next.

+1 on Creepy Fingers!

Our bass player uses a Sugar Boost prototype that our drummer got from Brad when his last band was on tour with Fu Manchu.

Love his stuff.
                          Whores. Facebook bandcamp

Rig Guitars Board

Duane Denison, Steve Albini, Ron Ashton, Buzz Osborne, Rowland S. Howard, Steve Turner, Jon Spencer, Chris Spencer, Kurt Ballou and Josh Homme

Originally Posted by pasteface

I want to Make a sound like on doors where It Gose PPPPPPPRRROWWWWWNNNN like a Bridg falliing Apart and When it Ecchoes

Comment

I made a clone of the germanium version, sounded really buzzy with humbuckers, sort of like the start of Spirit in the Sky by Norman Greenbaum, i really like it but it might not be for everyone.

An interesting thing about the Fuzzrite is that the fuzz knob kind of blends in your clean sound with the fuzz so you can get some really unique sounds.
                            http://www.myspace.com/sinisterfootwear

Comment

doesnt Frusciante use one?
                              Guitars: 1962 Fender Strat RI, 1976 Fender Strat, 1955 Guild

Effects: OCD v3>DS-2>Teese Pic Wah>Muff>CE-5>Holy Grail>DL-4

Amps: Marshall Vintage Modern 100W Half Stack, Peavy Studio Pro 112

Comment

Working...
                              X