No announcement yet.

foot controlled sampler

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• foot controlled sampler

i need something to trigger samples live in my band, and as a guitar player id like control at my feet.

ideally what i need is something that i can pull up a bank and trigger 3-4 different samples in a song...sometimes it will be just one sample per song, sometimes more.

i am wondering what my options are here

i can either run it into my guitar amp or direct into the PA. all the samples will be pre-recorded from our record album and dumped onto the sampler.

are my only options boss RC-50 and the Digitech Jamman?

Comment

you could get a sampler like a roland sp-444 and connect a midi footswitch to it
      Good Deals with: rdm, Keith SIO, 7stringofablick, Puckman, murch33 (x2), afibmx, TechBrother, drasp (x2), effectsiation, Killing Nevada, Brother_Budro, huskerjohn, ampman1989, thefool, morningstaru, bennintexas, BuesBirdAAA, Cleverbastid, Gunslinger69, StopReferencing, Crxsh (x37)

Originally Posted by Cassette

the pop is the pedals way of telling you that it loves you

Comment

you could get a sampler like a roland sp-444 and connect a midi footswitch to it

this.

I've always wanted to get a midi organ footpedal, and connect it to a synth and play synth while playing guitar.

Apparently Adrian Utley of Portishead does this.

Comment

You could use a RC-2 in theory. You could store samples in each of the banks, set them to "One Shot" mode. You'd have to plan well in advance. It'd start at 1, then every time you hit the foot switch it'd trigger the sample. If you hook up an FS5-U (whatever one is the dual version of that) the second switch will trigger the next sequence stored, so #2, which you could trigger multiple times, then switch to #3, etc. You can't go back to #1 with just the footswitch though, you have to go forwards only.

But it could be done.
          I play amplified/electric bassoon. Everything you see me post about remember I'm not using my gear with guitar pretty much ever.

Comment

this.

I've always wanted to get a midi organ footpedal, and connect it to a synth and play synth while playing guitar.

Apparently Adrian Utley of Portishead does this.

As does Adam Jones of Tool.

The SP-444 is your best bet. With one of these connected:
            http://www.peak2005.com/i/product_info.php/products_id/47

Thats what I plan to do within the year. Load the samples in the Roland via USB, and trigger them on the floor.
            Smooth deals with: duncan, the_bleeding, MrSandMan, 6StrngStrangler, mmmmmchina, gproud, Onehourlater, driverhasabomb, bluehuricane, melx, TheErosion, gschmittling, BrianPhase90, roaring20's, ibentmywookieFender Custom Shop '52 TelecasterGibson 2013 SG StandardFender Deville III 4x10Oh Henry! chocolate barsPedals n' stuffhttp://bearflagbearflagbearflag.bandcamp.com

Comment

As does Adam Jones of Tool.

The SP-444 is your best bet. With one of these connected:
              http://www.peak2005.com/i/product_info.php/products_id/47

Thats what I plan to do within the year. Load the samples in the Roland via USB, and trigger them on the floor.

careful though, I don't think the 404 has usb. I got the 555 and the usb makes it really easy to load wav files from my computer, but it's gonna be tough if the 404 doesnt have that.
              Good Deals with: rdm, Keith SIO, 7stringofablick, Puckman, murch33 (x2), afibmx, TechBrother, drasp (x2), effectsiation, Killing Nevada, Brother_Budro, huskerjohn, ampman1989, thefool, morningstaru, bennintexas, BuesBirdAAA, Cleverbastid, Gunslinger69, StopReferencing, Crxsh (x37)

Comment

If you have a laptop, you can use any one of about a zillion different sampler/sample playback apps with a MIDI foot controller.
                Spam:
                I got nothin'.
                Good deals: Jules-RM; teleblaster

Comment

If you have a laptop, you can use any one of about a zillion different sampler/sample playback apps with a MIDI foot controller.

yea you just need the laptop and an interface that has midi in

Comment

Or an interface that has USB out.
                    Spam:
                    I got nothin'.
                    Good deals: Jules-RM; teleblaster

Comment

a laptop is a possibility.

i could use my laptop with a midi controller like this one http://www.rolandus.com/products/productdetails.php?ProductId=55&ParentId=52

my question then is it possible for my bassplayer to hook up a midi keyboard as well into the interface so that he can play his keyboard parts simultaneously. that would be 2 midi controllers, one laptop, one interface.

what interface would let me pull this off?

further, can i also run the vocals and vocal effects through this interface and control them via my midi board? i think mainstage would be appropriate for this?

Comment

careful though, I don't think the 404 has usb. I got the 555 and the usb makes it really easy to load wav files from my computer, but it's gonna be tough if the 404 doesnt have that.

Ahhh right, yeah. 555 is the one for me.
                        Smooth deals with: duncan, the_bleeding, MrSandMan, 6StrngStrangler, mmmmmchina, gproud, Onehourlater, driverhasabomb, bluehuricane, melx, TheErosion, gschmittling, BrianPhase90, roaring20's, ibentmywookieFender Custom Shop '52 TelecasterGibson 2013 SG StandardFender Deville III 4x10Oh Henry! chocolate barsPedals n' stuffhttp://bearflagbearflagbearflag.bandcamp.com

Comment

is there a way to control a 404 with a footpedal that has more than one trigger switch? like one with 8 trigger switches

Comment

Yea it has a midi in, so it just depends on the footswitch you get, you can assign buttons to midi notes which are pads that trigger the samples. Looks like the 404 just accepts Mic 1/4 input. I bet you could plug a guitar directly in but I don't think it's meant for that like the 555

Comment

can you control a 404 or 555 with one of these

http://www.rolandus.com/products/pro...55&ParentId=52

Comment

Working...
                              X