What about the Blackstar Artisan 15?

gae86

• Members

I have and love my Blackstar HT-5.

I never paid much attention to the Artisan line, but those specs are very nice looking. The 5 watt mode and EF86 channel sell it for me. Also, isn't this line handwired in England?

in theory yes but I'm not 100% sure!

• Members

what didn't you like in particular?

It seemed like a lot of cash for an amp with zero in the way of features. The tone and the price tag didn't match up. I liked the tone, but not enough to want to buy it.

• Members

It seemed like a lot of cash for an amp with zero in the way of features. The tone and the price tag didn't match up. I liked the tone, but not enough to want to buy it.

that's what I thought!with the same price I can get an used vox heritage!

• Members

It depends, it has less features than the vox heritage but damn, it does its thing well. I toured with a band that was using the a30 (30w version). This amp is extremely responsive to your playing and are very good. They are built to last although they are made in korea. They use vintage 30s but they work really well with the style.

It takes pedals really well and the guys that look after blackstar are top blokes.

I personally would recommend them over vox.

If I had a bit of extra dosh, I'd go for the a30 head version so you can get a 1x12 and then you get all the features of the artisan 30.

Both exist in head and combo versions.

• Members

It depends, it has less features than the vox heritage but damn, it does its thing well. I toured with a band that was using the a30 (30w version). This amp is extremely responsive to your playing and are very good. They are built to last although they are made in korea. They use vintage 30s but they work really well with the style.

It takes pedals really well and the guys that look after blackstar are top blokes.

I personally would recommend them over vox.

If I had a bit of extra dosh, I'd go for the a30 head version so you can get a 1x12 and then you get all the features of the artisan 30.

Both exist in head and combo versions.

yeah I know this!I was looking at the combo 15W that new on a uk shop on ebay is 800

• 1 year later...
  • Members

ive owned the HT5 and HT20...and tried the artisan 15 out of curiosity...and its the one i should have gotten in the first place. IMO its great. the Ht-5 sounds like a metal pedal comparision and the HT20 was as slightly warmer version of hte HT55

too pricey for me thou as i already have a similiar sounding amps,

• Members

i have the a15 and it is great. such a crystal clear tone that has so much sustain you really wont need a compressor.

the only down side is that there isn't a ton of headroom. but loud enough to play over a drummer unmicd more that likely.

You've now necro'd Artisan threads in three separate forums. :thu:

• 6 months later...

Archived