Best Solid State Combo Amp?

HMCMedic

• Members

OK, that Dying Fetus video is rad. That's what so many other groups try to be and fail and sound just like a mess. They were tight {censored}.

Anyway, I like me some JC120, although I can't afford one...
:cry:

Not to poke fun at your musical preference, but just because others try to do it doesnt make it cool...

{censored} music played tightly, cleanly, and technically good is still {censored} music...

But to each his own! No offense meant... sorry!

• Members

lol... those guys have a strong sense of melody...
:thu::facepalm:

try a Fender 85... works for Jonny...

Unfortunately, that's not going to bring the rock without a pedal. The dirt on those things is horrendous. It does have the advantage of being able to blend channels so you can have some edge to your clean sounds but the dirt channel by itself sounds like garbage.

• Members

I like the Cube 60
:idk:

+10000000

Honestly, I bought the 30 on a wim and loved it so much that I bought the 60 to gig with. It has great effects, a ton of different amp models one of the best cleans (takes pedals so well) and I've never had an issue with playing dynamics with it. It's crazy awesome and I live by that thing.

• Members

Unfortunately, that's not going to bring the rock without a pedal. The dirt on those things is horrendous. It does have the advantage of being able to blend channels so you can have some edge to your clean sounds but the dirt channel by itself sounds like garbage.

but thats what jonny uses for dirt! I like his tone...:confused:

• Members

but thats what jonny uses for dirt! I like his tone...
:confused:

There's no way he uses that amp's dirt. The amp takes pedals great, so I can imagine him using a pedal through it but there's no chance that he's using that amp's dirty channel on its own.

Archived