NBPD: Catalinbread Sushi Frappachino Telephone

• Members

~!

IMG_0425.jpg

So first thing is, this pedal is really good. It's got a raw crunch that's really nice sounding. The problem (or awesome thing) is, it sounds really similar to my honey bee... like eerily similar, though it has much more gain on tap. I started making a clip but decided to hold off till I get used to it more, I'll do one later.

edit: holy crap that's a big picture.

• Members

It breaks up a little smoother in the treble, but otherwise, it has the same gritty character as the honey bee if you use it with the gain below noon. Past noon it goes into full on distortion and brightens up a bit. The treble and bass controls make it more flexible than the honey bee.

There's no way I'm getting rid of the HB but this thing made me consider it for a few seconds. I'm just gonna use the HB for lower gain now and the SFT for med gain.

• Members
So what exactly is it about the SFT. Is so similar to the honey bee? I've been lusting over a HBOD for a while but have been holding off because of it's lack of a treble control, And that wouldn't work to well with my dark sounding rig.

interesting.......how close to honeybee can it get?

this thread is relevant to my interests....:cool:

• Members

To my ear, I can get it almost spot on to the honey bee with its gain up past noon. It records slightly different though, but I would not be able to tell which is which if someone A/B'd them. The honey bee still has a slight sag to the sound that the sft can't do though. Both are running at 12v

• Members

This looks like a very cool pedal. But since I've discovered the Keeler Push (and hopefully the low gain Pull soon), I have no gas for other overdrive pedals. With that said, I look forward to hearing some clips from you.

Archived