NBPD: Catalinbread Sushi Frappachino Telephone

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBPD: Catalinbread Sushi Frappachino Telephone

~!

So first thing is, this pedal is really good. It's got a raw crunch that's really nice sounding. The problem (or awesome thing) is, it sounds really similar to my honey bee... like eerily similar, though it has much more gain on tap. I started making a clip but decided to hold off till I get used to it more, I'll do one later.

edit: holy crap that's a big picture.
    Good Deals with: rdm, Keith SIO, 7stringofablick, Puckman, murch33 (x2), afibmx, TechBrother, drasp (x2), effectsiation, Killing Nevada, Brother_Budro, huskerjohn, ampman1989, thefool, morningstaru, bennintexas, BuesBirdAAA, Cleverbastid, Gunslinger69, StopReferencing, Crxsh (x37)

Originally Posted by Cassette

the pop is the pedals way of telling you that it loves you

wtf is this
    Solo: Ancient Mariner | Bands: Canoes | Joe Dunlap | Ex Bands: Still Pioneers | A Wayward Heart | M9 Video Playlist | How I Loop: 1, 2 | Best Big Board 2007 | Best Large Board 2009

Originally Posted by placebo62

BTBAM is like the patron saint of the M9

Comment

Do want.
      Run!

There are some that call me... Morningstaru?

Comment

wtf is this

I survived the great HC Crxsh of 2009.

Founder of the Ampeg Flight Crew
        Founder of the Classic Vibe Cool Guys
        Commissioner of the Spring Chicken Sophisticates

Originally Posted by Kid_A

TEH DRUMZ ARE CLIPPING WTF

Originally Posted by ben_allison

Tubes are electronic devices, not incontrovertible truths that hold the Universe together.

Formerly known as thefragile103 / Anderer

Comment

its awesome
          Good Deals with: rdm, Keith SIO, 7stringofablick, Puckman, murch33 (x2), afibmx, TechBrother, drasp (x2), effectsiation, Killing Nevada, Brother_Budro, huskerjohn, ampman1989, thefool, morningstaru, bennintexas, BuesBirdAAA, Cleverbastid, Gunslinger69, StopReferencing, Crxsh (x37)

Comment

Robo: The next 'OMGTHISCATALINBREADISTHEBESTPEDULEVAREVERYBODYHAS GOTTOGETONENOW!!'
            Guitars: G&L ASAT Classic Custom & Gibson Les Paul Studio || Amp: Dr. Z Maz 8 Studio
            Pedalboard: Disaster Area DPC-5 > Diamond Compressor, Skreddy LMMD, Timmy, Turbo Tuner, Strymon Timeline & Flint

My YouTube Channel

Comment

Wow crxsh is raggin' on Robo today, all day long.

Comment

Robo: The next 'OMGTHISCATALINBREADISTHEBESTPEDULEVAREVERYBODYHAS GOTTOGETONENOW!!'

lol what? Is that what you think this forum is about?

Comment

So what exactly is it about the SFT. Is so similar to the honey bee? I've been lusting over a HBOD for a while but have been holding off because of it's lack of a treble control, And that wouldn't work to well with my dark sounding rig.
                  Stratocaster - Drag'n'fly - Meathead - MGMV - Faustone Valve Klipper - DMM - LFLJ -Mesa MK IV/73 Hiwatt

PM me for a list of good deals on here and on other forums.

Comment

It breaks up a little smoother in the treble, but otherwise, it has the same gritty character as the honey bee if you use it with the gain below noon. Past noon it goes into full on distortion and brightens up a bit. The treble and bass controls make it more flexible than the honey bee.

There's no way I'm getting rid of the HB but this thing made me consider it for a few seconds. I'm just gonna use the HB for lower gain now and the SFT for med gain.

Comment

****************... I'm sold I'm gonna have to get one.
                      Stratocaster - Drag'n'fly - Meathead - MGMV - Faustone Valve Klipper - DMM - LFLJ -Mesa MK IV/73 Hiwatt

PM me for a list of good deals on here and on other forums.

Comment

YESPLZ.
                        Whores. Facebook bandcamp

Rig Guitars Board

Duane Denison, Steve Albini, Ron Ashton, Buzz Osborne, Rowland S. Howard, Steve Turner, Jon Spencer, Chris Spencer, Kurt Ballou and Josh Homme

Originally Posted by pasteface

I want to Make a sound like on doors where It Gose PPPPPPPRRROWWWWWNNNN like a Bridg falliing Apart and When it Ecchoes

Comment

So what exactly is it about the SFT. Is so similar to the honey bee? I've been lusting over a HBOD for a while but have been holding off because of it's lack of a treble control, And that wouldn't work to well with my dark sounding rig.

interesting.......how close to honeybee can it get?

this thread is relevant to my interests....
                          long, strong, and down to get the friction on......

youtube.com/roccotanto (for pedal demos and stuff)
                          magnatune.com/artists/lvxnova
                          twitter: @bobbydevito

Comment

To my ear, I can get it almost spot on to the honey bee with its gain up past noon. It records slightly different though, but I would not be able to tell which is which if someone A/B'd them. The honey bee still has a slight sag to the sound that the sft can't do though. Both are running at 12v

Comment

awesome. is it painted or tolex?
                              check out my music

Good deals: PeelingPaint98, bennintexas, BTBAM, themeanreds, jmgruber, Keith SIO, Crxshdxmmy, curehardy, jeffmagnum, Corwin81, blackwater, phil o'keefe, sa1126, EvilSoup, treblekicker, zwtyo, sherwin, cmog, protoge x, shanetram, tweedbassman, CicadaSilence, Killing Nevada, needleTOink, griffstar, Sing Loco, neva, BluesBirdAAA, zygoat, ArrMatey, StopReferencing, Roquero_Latino9

Originally Posted by echodeluxe

oh man i jizzed when he busted it out.

Comment

Working...
                              X