Thurston is kvlt and trve

Coma Larkin

• Members

I love thrash/speed metal from the 80's I dunno abouts the black metal/death metal whatever you wanna call it(I'm trying to listen to some ol skool Death) but I also love the angry driven sounds of hardcore punk and even symphonies use atonal chord passages or harmonies(ala flat fifths) that can showcase your emotion and feelings.

One of my fave bands of all time uses them in their grande finale.

Not to mention when I was a little kid I was facinated by the dark, evil sounding ominous gospels in the movie "the omen".

hence the name Diabolus_in_Musica

• Members

Thurston's into whatever will get him attention and make him seem like an expert. I've been a Sonic Youth fan forever, but that guy really gets on my nerves.

This.

Im a HUGE sonic youth fan. They have influenced me beyond words.

Thurston always seems strategically into whatever will make him seem knowledgable.

There is no black metal nfluence from what I can hear on their new record as he suggested. Just gotta get the young sipper snappers interested me thinks.

• Members

Thurston often purposely {censored}s with and gives mis-information in interviews... and then it is great because you see how lazy media then repeats it :lol: Like the "trilogy" of new york albums they were releasing :facepalm::lol:

But as far as knowledge regarding music. he is probably a savant with that stuff so it just absorbs as a sponge. I am that way with retro video game knowledge. I know {censored} about Capcom Disney games that I never even played because it just soaks in when other people talk around me about it, or if I wikipedia trainwreck into some info...

• Members
Ehhh... I met Thurston at a party one time after a sonic youth show. He didn't seem to know as much about music as he puts off. If you think about it most of here on Harmony C all know a little bit about all genre's.

Thurston is just a name dropper and has the press time to do so.

When I met him in Chicago and Milwaukee it wasn't so much like he was a music professor with encycopediac knowledge, but he had a lot of passion and first hand experience with music from a variety of stuff... I wouldn't think he is the end all be all of music info... but I'd rather hear him tell a story than some "expert" :idk: I don't need to know it all, but I know what I like.

Archived