Biyang DS-8 'Mouse' (Rat Clone)

gambit

• Members

nah.. I have a feeling this is mass-produced crap...

prove me wrong... maybe I'll buy one

mass-produced? as opposed to Boss, EHX, and many other major manufacturers? i wouldn't rule them out because they are a new chinese brand..

here's some blurb to consider..

Beijing Biyang Sound Electronic Co., Ltd are one of the rare companies that put great value on the quality and workmanship of their products. In less than a decade, and relying solely on word-of-mouth, Biyang has acquired quite a following around the world, appealing to musicians from Europe, USA, Australia, and New Zealand, among others.

Musicians from Malaysia are now taking notice of the Biyang phenomenon, and very soon, it will take the whole country by storm!

One of the biggest questions is:

Why are guitarists everywhere crazy about Biyang's pedals?

The short and easy answer would be simply because Biyang's pedals are superior quality products at very affordable prices.

Most companies spend 30% of their funds on production costs, and the other 70% on advertising, but Biyang spends 100% of their funds on production, relying fully on positive feedback and word-of-mouth for advertising.

This means that when you buy a Biyang product, you are paying for the high-quality materials and the superb workmanship, and not for the company's advertising costs. This, in effect, means that you get long-lasting pedals that look great, with awesome tones, and are made with advanced technology and carefully chosen quality materials, at very reasonable prices. These are the Tonefancier pedals.

Great Look:

The Tonefancier series are made from stainless steel, adopting a mirror surface treatment which looks elegant and beautiful.

Functional Design:

The TrueBypass design ensures the quality of the tone, with no signal loss or delayed sound.

Highest Quality Materials:

The most important component of every effect pedal is the capacitors which are responsible for transferring every beautiful note smoothly. Biyang's Tonefancier series uses WIMA capacitors from Germany, which are more than 10 times higher in quality and cost than regular capacitors, and only made available in Biyang's effect pedals with such affordable prices because 100% of Biyang's funds go completely into the production of the pedals. The WIMA capacitors guarantees that the pure tones comes through with minimum signal loss.

Superb Workmanship:

All the Tonefancier series adopt a simple and stable double-sided printed circuit board which ensures minimum risks of void soldering and welding seams. Except the battery line, all components are welded in the printed circuit board without any straying lines.

Biyang is so confident in the quality of their Tonefancier effect pedals that not only did they choose to rely on positive word-of-mouth and public praise to do their advertising for them, they have also implemented a 5-year warranty policy and lifelong maintenance services for the Tonefancier series.

Biyang's Tonefancier effect pedals are the best choice for guitarists who are looking for the highest quality products with the best sounds and most affordable prices.

• Members

They're fine, I've tried a few. They're worth exactly what they sell for.

For the price you may as well get a real rat though. I haven't tried the mouse but I've tried other distortions from them.

You sure? The Biyang has a 3 position tone selector that the Rat doesn't have. You'd have to get it modded or get the BYOC kind.

I wonder if the Biyang attracts more floor noise and hum when used live though...

• 10 years later...
  • Members
On 10/24/2009 at 8:30 PM, seifukusha said:

[

they look super {censored} quality though

to be fair, old ehx stuff was that well built?!?

they don't look super {censored}...are you a 12 yr old guitarist that knows nothing about anything unless 8ts got a big brand name attached to it...u sound like a spoiled brat...pull your head out your butt or grow up...

• Moderators

well, after 10+ years, he may have grown up, but that does not make your insulting someone, based on their opinion, an acceptable response. Please , if you want to be a member of the community here, be respectful, and pay attention to the dates on the posts...

Archived