New ZVex monster pedal - what IS it? Clues inside...

Phil O'Keefe

Zack mentioned in another thread that he's been leaving lots of clues about what it is and no one gets it yet. So I decided to go clue hunting, and came up with several, based on posts in just one thread.

So I thought, what the heck - I'll post what I found, and maybe some of you can post any other clues you found, and we'll see if anyone can actually guess what this is:

photo-10.jpg

No prizes for guessing right, and probably no pre-release announcement acknowledgment from Zack if someone does actually get it right... although in a few months, we can drag this back up and see if anyone did. ;)

So post your clues, and if you're making a guess, let us know what evidence you have to support that hypothesis.

Here's the clues I found:

"a big project

three circuit boards,

16 pots,

20 LEDs,

4 switches,

is nothing like anything I've ever done before

I've been hacking away at this thing for the better part of a year, off and on, and intensively for the last 3 months.

It's everything.

my own box, based on the 1590B but with slightly more room inside.

The new product uses two of them connected together,

It's as chaotic as you want it to be.

I'm keeping mum about exactly what it does, but I've dropped a lot of hints, and nobody seems to get it.

You'd (Phil) probably appreciate it.

I'll be announcing it in a couple of months, for NAMM. Maybe before, if things go right."

My guess? Not making one yet. :o I have some suspicions, but not enough to make any prediction yet.

PS Zack, if you'd rather I pull this down, just let me know. :wave:

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Also there's not exactly an LED per knob on the bottom now is there... makes you wonder what the LED's function are in relation to each knob. :poke:

Obviously the top ones are most likely specific to each knob that it is next to.

Too, it seems the symmetry of the LED colors below might hold some sort of significance. :idk:

There appears to be two sets of LEDS up top (look closely and there are yellow ones below each red one).

Also, me-thinks the color coding of the LEDs down on the bottom module might help better understand what's going on in general.

:idk:

I noticed the dual rows of LEDs, and also the color sequence on the bottom row.

I am guessing he has two of the three boards in the top "module" of the case, and the third in the bottom one, with the two top boards with "inverted" layouts from each other.

I still have no idea what it is. Someone said EQ, and that kind of makes sense, but it doesn't completely "fit" either IMO.

Archived