Behringer GDI21 vs SansAmp GT2

Annoying Twit

• Members

The big difference I think would be quality control. They may have stolen the design and all from Tech 21, but still, you may get a piece of junk. I bought the acoustic one by Behringer (AD121?), copied from the Sansamp Acoustic DI, to see if it would compare. It was way too noisy, and even distorted, no matter how I set it (and my guitar, and the mixer...). Just plain junk. Not AT ALL as good as the Sansamp. I am pretty sure it was just the one I happened to buy, bc I've heard great reviews about it being very similar to the Sansamp. So, I think it would be the same with the GD121. It may be a good one, and sound very similar and last for a long time, or be a piece of junk you return immediately. Good luck with that.

• Members

The big difference I think would be quality control. They may have stolen the design and all from Tech 21, but still, you may get a piece of junk. I bought the acoustic one by Behringer (AD121?), copied from the Sansamp Acoustic DI, to see if it would compare. It was way too noisy, and even distorted, no matter how I set it (and my guitar, and the mixer...). Just plain junk. Not AT ALL as good as the Sansamp. I am pretty sure it was just the one I happened to buy, bc I've heard great reviews about it being very similar to the Sansamp. So, I think it would be the same with the GD121. It may be a good one, and sound very similar and last for a long time, or be a piece of junk you return immediately. Good luck with that.

No not just yours... I wasn't impressed at all.... I bought one for direct recording into my 8-track and it was seriously {censored} .... really crappy sounding. I've owned both and if you thought the acoustic one was {censored}, the guitar one is even worse.

• Members

I had a GT2 for a while but was disappointed with it and sold it. Other than the Fender clean sounds, I found it to be too noisy for my needs. I realize that when you crank the gain on a distortion it's going to get some noise, but even at moderate levels I found the Marshall and Mesa settings to be too much. Just my personal experience, I know a lot of people like the GT2.

Archived