Boss OD-2r

gambit

• Members

interesting pedal for low gain stuff... might boot off my OD-3 and or Rat clone.

it cuts bass/boosts mids a bit but it punches through. there's some transparency there i quite like too. the high frequencies seem to come through quite clean instead of being distortioned (unlike Rat/OD-3) but it does get fizzy on high gain settings.

any OD-2r uses around? how are you using it?

• Members

My favorite BOSS dirt pedal, and one of my faves ever. I used it as my primary source of gain, it got incredibly heavy yet defined with humbuckers, only downside was the fact that I had to crank the level to get unity gain, but to me it was not a big deal since the low gain tones were good enough to use by themselves, and it cut thru the mix really nice, IMO it's a lot thicker and less brittle than any of the other overdrives/distortions from BOSS, but the OD-3 is quite good as well.

• Members

My favorite BOSS dirt pedal, and one of my faves ever. I used it as my primary source of gain, it got incredibly heavy yet defined with humbuckers, only downside was the fact that I had to crank the level to get unity gain, but to me it was not a big deal since the low gain tones were good enough to use by themselves, and it cut thru the mix really nice, IMO it's a lot thicker and less brittle than any of the other overdrives/distortions from BOSS, but the OD-3 is quite good as well.

This. I recently bumped mine of the board for a FD-2. I wish I saw it on more boards, because the OD-2r is really a hidden gem. I found myself cranking the level because it didn't reach unity gain soon. When cranked, this thing can get pretty huge with my LP. The sound itself is pretty unique, distinctly different from any TS or TS clone I've heard. I say you should go for it, you may be pleasantly surprised like I was.

• Members
This. I recently bumped mine of the board for a FD-2. I wish I saw it on more boards, because the OD-2r is really a hidden gem. I found myself cranking the level because it didn't reach unity gain soon. When cranked, this thing can get pretty huge with my LP. The sound itself is pretty unique, distinctly different from any TS or TS clone I've heard. I say you should go for it, you may be pleasantly surprised like I was.

You certainly know, good sir :thu:

Archived