Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone notice the difference? (Amphenol/Neutrik/Switchcraft)

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone notice the difference? (Amphenol/Neutrik/Switchcraft)

Just wondering if any discerning ears have compared any differences between these products using the same cable. I use all Evidence Audio Melody cables (patch/lead/fx loop) and was considering getting all amphenol connectors. Just don't know if it's worth it. If you can't tell the audible difference between a Live Wire/Horizon/Hosa cable and a Evidence/Vovox/Canare cable this inquiry probably wouldn't apply to you. That is not snobbery or slight at anyone's gear or skill-level. I understand some people don't care/can't hear differences in cables. Not starting an argument .

ttt

Comment

tttgp
      Originally Posted by Naterel

Dear Liev,

I went to see Richard The Third starring Kevin Spacey at the BAM theater last night and you were there, I waved and said I loved you in Phantoms. You did not wave back or acknowledge me, I thought we were homeboys but I guess not. Also you're much shorter in person.

Love

Natty

Comment

I can't hear any difference, but I will say that you would be well off to avoid the China manufactured "Neutrik" 1/4" plugs that look like they are a copy of the Switchcraft. They function fine, but they're easy to break, I have had a handful of the Horizon cables come back as returns with these plugs broken. These are not to be confused with the German made Neutrik, which are great quality plugs.
        SupportMusic.com - Help keep music education in your local schools!

Comment

Good enough to save time and money. Thanks.

Comment

tttgp

Axes: Les Paul Studio, CP Jazzmaster, CIJ Strat
            FX: Polytune -> Philosopher's Tone -> Octave Multiplexer -> Script Phase 90 -> Polychorus -> DD-3 -> AC Booster -> SUF Ram's Head -> MJM China Fuzz -> OCD -> drasp DL4
            Amps: Mesa/Boogie Trem-O-Verb, Sunn Solarus, Jet City JCA5212RC
            SPAM: Plum Crazy FX fuzz and more!
            Smooth Dealings

Comment

Working...
            X