Line 6 M9 pitch glide

opultaM

• Members

Any good? That's my primary concern on this pedal. I've used all the delays and filters in their respective modeler pedals, and they all have uses for me. But I'd really like to replace my Hog with something that has more than 6 presets. If the pitchshifting on the M9 is good, then this could be it. There's only a couple of user reviews so far, so....

How's the tracking?

How are the bends with exp pedal? Fluid?

Manual says it models the Whammy (I assume WH4). Is it pretty close?

Does it sound full and smooth, or is it brittle?

• Members

Thanks. Haven't played a Whammy in a while, but i remember it being sufficient for my needs. I'll obviously need to try one of these out before buying.

The Hog is great at multiple string too...but it turns out that I almost never use that, so I'm ok losing it

• Members

i love it on my m13, especially that i can simultaneously change the effect mix along with the sweep.

THat's a great idea. So you bring more of the altered pitch in as you sweep up, and vice versa. probably lots of combinations to be had.

• Members

there is an issue with the expression pedal atm though

if you set the pedal to go from 0 to 12 whenever you come back to the heel position it goes down to -0.2 or 0.3 type digit

this is said to be fixed in the next update.

other than that it does everything the whammy does and more

• Members

THat's a great idea. So you bring more of the altered pitch in as you sweep up, and vice versa. probably lots of combinations to be had.

i like to run a dirt in front of it and i have the gain of the dirt tweaked with that same expression sweep too.

i have the crappy l6 expression pedal and have not experienced that "glitch"

i seem to recall that problem being more prevalent with certain 3rd party expression pedals..

tracking wise, yeah its monophonic.. but lowering the effect mix hides some of the glitches when you play a chord.

• Members

but the whammy, can you select what pitch it bends up/down to?

yes,

0= no effect

then you can select whatever pitch you want between -24 to +24. for instance, heel down is +7 and you can have the toe down +12 for a 5th up-1up sound. hope that answers your question !

• Members

does it do the drop tune like in the whammy 4? I've used it a few times to get the glitchy effect with chords and just transposing chords up a whole step. Thats the only whammy effect I would really miss from leaving the whammy for a M series pedal

• Members

I don't think it does the drop tune. Basically, you're given a meter that's -24 (2 octaves down) to +24 (2 octaves up) and you can pick whatever interval you want for the down/up position. So... down 12.6 up 6.4... sure!

• Members

I'd say it pitches better (=faster) than the WH-4, but the polyphonic tracking is the same (crappy) -- still I like the sound of the failing tracking (like in Radioheads My Iron Lung).

But as for the -12, +12 and +24 it sounds pretty much the same as the WH-4, imo.

Archived