No announcement yet.

HCFX Battle of the Bands

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HCFX Battle of the Bands

like Battle of the Boards but with bands. everybody submits their myspace, band picture (optional), band bio (optional) and one choice song and then the rest of us vote on which one we like best!

if there more than 10 entrants then i'll split it up into random groups for the polls, and then the winners of each poll will go head to head in the final. or it could be organized by genre, location, etc.

no prizes (unless somebody wants to donate something?) but the winner can ask Phil to change their custom title to "Best Forumite Band '10" or something equally bangin'.

what say you?

HOW TO ENTER

• create a post with the title "HCFX Battle of The Bands '10"

• in that post include NOTHING but the following headings: BAND NAME, SINGLE (include a link to the song that you'll be competing with), BAND SITE (myspace, last.fm etc), INSTRUMENT PLAYED (the instrument you play in the single), GENRE and ADDITIONAL NOTES (how you wrote the song, funny stories related to the song etc).

SAMPLE:

HCFX Battle of The Bands '10
    Band Name: I <3 Peenor
    Single: Gotta Get Dat (Peenish)
    Band Site: http://www.myspace.com/brokencyde
    Instrument Played: Instrument?
    Genre: <3333333
    Additional Notes:

basically make this a band press release

hmmm i like the idea. i dont know if it work well but sounds kinda fun. we should at least start a "share your band" thread or something
    This website sucks now

Comment

i like it. sounds good theoretically, but practically....who knows???

worth a try!

Comment

hmmm i like the idea. i dont know if it work well but sounds kinda fun. we should at least start a "share your band" thread or something

those never work. all myspace links, no feedback.

no, this will be a bloodbath. you vote (ONCE) for your favourite song and that's it.

Comment

that'd be cool. there's a few really good bands around.. so long as its just for fun.

Comment

sounds rad. i'd be in and up for listenin' to some new tunes.
            MONSTERS LIKE CANDY Myspace
            MONSTERS LIKE CANDY Facebook

Comment

i think it should be one song per band, too. that way people kinda focus more on the song.

Comment

I like the idea. I'd be in.
                Blakemore Effects (I now sell Dr. Scientist and DMB pedals in addition to my own.)
                My pedal company.
                Facebook page for Blakemore Effects

Comment

cool. im also down.

Comment

im in
                    OTHERWORLDLY. Psychedelic, Noise, Shoegaze.Joey Levenson on SoundCloud

Comment

when will this go down, were about to go into the studio to record some new tunes
                      O)))

Comment

when will this go down, were about to go into the studio to record some new tunes

soon as possible, i guess. i heard that the switch over's happening after NAMM but i don't know when that is.

Comment

good idea will, no band here though unfortunately.
                          good people: luke978, BTBAM x2, TZR, jalfredprufrock, noiseannoys, verence, orange worker x2, DharmaSound, fellsilver, pbone, cdawzrd, schecterc1lh, zygoat, CiceroTJones, Tweedledee, TheKinks, ShizzelDizzel, mrweems, chuckmoose, StopReferencing, archers6, RockDaJoJo, StumbleFingers, TheKrabsman, drasp

Comment

i thought you were working on something? whatever though, it's not like any of us have a chance of winning if spc eco enter. ()

Comment

QFT.

My band records in June so I'm probably out of this one, since I'm not technically on any of the recordings we already have. We probably wouldn't get much love 'round here anyways.

I'm pumped to hear some good music either way.
                              BAND
                              These are things you want to buy or trade from me:

DOD 250
                              MXR Classic Distortion
                              Morley Pro Series Wah
                              (Maybe)Nano Holy Grail

Overdrives and comps are what you want to give me.

Originally Posted by p0lymath

And the only reason I know this is because I was in his closet masturbating.

PM me if you wanna trade your RC-2 for my friends DL4

Comment

Working...
                              X