Obscure Gretsch Solid-Bodies.

costch

• Members

I don't particularly know why I wanted to post this (maybe it was that awesome Twist I saw in that one "who's got the bigger dick" thread). They're just so awesome. Tell me if I missed any.

The TK300 (I really want one of these sonsabitches):

Gretsch_TK300ChrryPO_m.jpg

022265.jpg

The Astro Jet:

gretsch-astro-jet.jpg

The Corvette/Twist/Princess:

main_5980.jpg

main_5974.jpg

gretsch-corvette64.jpg

The Super Axe:

1017gretsch.jpg

The Beast:

gretschBST.jpg

The Committee:

gretschcommittee.jpg

• Members

noice
:thu:

don't like the Fall Out Twats Corvette association though

Yeah, that's a damn shame. Although, would you refuse to play an SG simply because of the AC/DC (that is, assuming that you dislike AC/DC) association? I think not.

• Members

The Astro Jet looks like it has Fetal Alcohol Syndrome....TK300's look really cool though.

Agreed.

I don't know just what they were going for with that one. Gretsch really ought to reissue the TK300. Hopefully the quality would be up to par.

I was going to insist that the SuperAxe isn't obscure, then post a host of youtube videos featuring Chet Atkins . . .

081977Gplayall0021.jpg

But I couldn't find a single one. So you win.
:cry:

Yeah? Well, I can remember when that ad was new and running in Guitar Player for the first time...

Dang, I'm getting old. :facepalm::lol:

• Members

I don't know about that. It's not that they suck, they just lack variety and creativity.

When I want variety and creativity, I listen to those bands. When I want rock n' roll, I reach for Chuck Berry, the Ramones, Motorhead and AC/DC. You don't need a full 5 gears when 4th and 5th gear rule hard.

• Members

i remember seeing the princess corvette in a guitar book and thinking how awesome it looked. but i can imagine since it was a "made for girls" guitar that the neck shape could be a little off for my big ol man hands

I wonder how many girls actually owned one of those beauties.

Archived