Your favourite Mic and why....

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

audio technica ae3000 coupled with a sm57: both together is the most amazing combination for rock amps in large room. The ae gives you a great fullness while the 57 gives you all the definition.

Other notable mics: audix d6, great kick drum mic for heavy rock/metal.

I like sennheiser e604 for toms: easy and usually get a nice tom sound, as long as it's decently tuned.

• Members

my favorite mic that I have (not a fancy collection at all) is my audio technica at4047. It works on a lot of stuff.

I would love to have a really nice sdc like a neumann km84 or something. I haven't tried enough mics to pick a favorite. I love AKG c414s, but not everyone does.

• Members

I would love to have a really nice sdc like a neumann km84 or something. I haven't tried enough mics to pick a favorite. I love AKG c414s, but not everyone does.

414s on acoustic are gorgeous. they're especially in their element as room mics while tracking drums.

• Members

1.SM87 or Sennheiser E-series for Vox (SM58 for rough gigs or when sharing) -

Both extremely accurate mics (SM87 & E935) and high headroom b4 feedback or distortion. Great for singers with unusual voices and suitable for all ranges.

2. Sennheiser MD 421 or 609 for guitars - Great balanced tone. easy to find the amps sweet spot. Usually coupled with a SM57 in the studio = magic!

the 609 works better for live applications. Good noise rejection while retaining tone of ur amp. Not as touchy as a SM57 on stage.

3. And I agree with Devi on the 441!... the upgrade of the MD421.. but I only own the 421 and not the 441...

• Members

the ones i use the most are:

AKG C4000B

Shure SM57

Royer R-122

Groove Tubes GT30

if i had to pick a favourite, i'd say the C4000B - it does a great job with every sound source i've tried with it (vocals, various acoustic instruments, percussion) and the look and build quality is exceptional; more than a match for far more expensive mics in my opinion. :love:

• Members

Neumann TLM 103. Absolutely want one, they sound so good on everything that's put in front of them.

Gahhh! There are soo many mics out there that kill the 103 in that price range. The 103 would be a great mic if it cost about $300 IMO.

Archived