MXL 990 out of all the ones I've used.

I really want an Electro Voice RE 20 though
      http://rosecassidy.bandcamp.com

Comment

414. They are simply amazing.
        Far-Less Stage Right - Guitar
        Soviet Reunion!

Comment

Rode NTV - for vocals (mine has a 1957 Mullard ECC83 valve)
          ✯ The Sound Of Faraway Artillery ✯

For Sale / Trade: Alesis AirFX & Bitrman £100 each inc PSU

On eBay UK: SPF I-5 Delay, Martin J12-15, Line 6 Echo+Mod+Filter Pro rack units and Mini Guitar Killswitches to help kids who can't hear good

Want: Fishman / LR Baggs piezo bridge for USA Strat, EHX DMB, Digitech Timebender

Comment

Neumann TLM 103. Absolutely want one, they sound so good on everything that's put in front of them.
            Smooth deals with: duncan, the_bleeding, MrSandMan, 6StrngStrangler, mmmmmchina, gproud, Onehourlater, driverhasabomb, bluehuricane, melx, TheErosion, gschmittling, BrianPhase90, roaring20's, ibentmywookieFender Custom Shop '52 TelecasterGibson 2013 SG StandardFender Deville III 4x10Oh Henry! chocolate barsPedals n' stuffhttp://bearflagbearflagbearflag.bandcamp.com

Comment

Roger 121
              Neumann U67
              Shure SM7B
              Coles 4038
              Neumann U87

I had a 414 and didn't like it too much. I've used all of the above in the past.
              Originally Posted by nathanlux

I demand a phaser during slow parts too. It's a pretty solid show business decision.

Comment

the original rode classic is pretty damn nice for guitars and vox.
                Null.

Comment

Neumann TLM 103. Absolutely want one, they sound so good on everything that's put in front of them.

Gahhh! There are soo many mics out there that kill the 103 in that price range. The 103 would be a great mic if it cost about $300 IMO.
                  My iTunes

Comment

this baby

my uncle owns the ultimate though

good peoples: Fender&EHX4ever, Melx, Woolyh

Comment

I love my Green Bullet, but don't think I could use it as my only mic.
                      Sonic Rising -facebook-soundcloud-twitter - new track mixed by Ride's Mark Gardener

Good Trades: HeartfeltDawn (x3), english_bob, fruvai, fastboy, (^_^), KidA, Gae86, Poltergeist, Hides-his-eyes, tvrf21, pointsman,Elessar [Sly], THAT4301

Comment

Right now it's my SM58 but that's because I picked it up off CL last week for $15 including a mic cable.
                        Good Deals with: Snail_killer, myTakamine, C Fuzz, johnrambo, AnderMocs (x2), finboy, conky, themeanreds, masterwuhan, smrz, brandnewzo, Jisatsu, RoboPimp, itkindaworks, CrowShack, Coach, Leaves, Yarbicus, Raintes, jcm800stratman, -MBro-, smalltownsongs, TravvyBear, young_grandma, d_dave_c, homestar_kevin, cryptosonic, RockDaJoJo, Lonely Tourist, jhamnett, H.P. Lovecraft, killthehippies45, bikescene, delayed delay, christianatlBad Deals: Hello Music & Cascade Microphones

Comment

Right now it's my SM58 but that's because I picked it up off CL last week for $15 including a mic cable.

You could make an entire album with a few 58's.
                          My iTunes

Comment

I love pencil condensers. I have neumann km84 and km184, akg bluelines and a bunch of Oktavas. With pads they are great on drumkits for snares, toms and overheads. Great for acoustic guitars. Not as common on electric guitar, but I like them a lot. Anything you want to record with some room sound, like violin, extra percussion, background vocals, etc..
                            http://personalmessageblog.blogspot.com/
                            http://blubberslumber.bandcamp.com/

Comment

Love this mic!! It's the JZ BH-1 (the Black Hole). Incredibly clear and articulate...I use in on voice, guitars, xylophone, everything really!! Really makes everything sound like it was meant to as opposed to coloring everything.
                              Good deals with: TravvyBear, TD Moyer, modeerf, starmansam, dyer_maker, Reaganomics!, frenchji

Gods of Harvest

Comment

SM57 is like the McDonald's of mics.

I try to tune my sounds to the response of an SM57 because every venue I play at as 'em; any studio on the planet does as well. That saves me a lot of time and saves my nerves too, because I suck at making tones on the fly.

Plus I find it a good sounding mic overall.
                                Fender Tie-Dyed Stratocaster, Fender Blackout Telecaster, Fender Celtic Showmaster > Electro Harmonix 1970s Frequency Analyzer > Boss PS-3 > Dunlop Univibe > Carl Martin Red Repeat > Laney VC100
                                Other stuff: M-Audio BlackBox v2, M-Audio Oxygen 49

myspace.com/giancarlofilardo

Looking for: Line6 M9, Diamond Fireburst

Comment

Working...
                                X