Has anyone played both the v1 and v2 Ottava Magus?

TheCardiacKid

• Members

Here's the deal: I've got room for a small box on my board (Omicron size) and I'd really love to fill it with an octave pedal. The only small box Octave pedal I've seen is the v1 Catalinbread Ottava Magus.

I'm interested in hearing for those of you that own or have played either model, and especially from those of you who have played both. How do they compare? Is v1 solid, even without the added saturation knob found on v2?

:wave:

• Members

yes.....the V1 sounds great......i liked it a lot.

the V2 sounds very much the same, but the saturation control lets you add MOAR GAIN.....

i watched your video on v2 and it seems to fit what i'm looking for. in your opinion, is the only difference between the two pedals the addition of the saturation control, or are they also voiced a little differently?

have you used either pedal in a live situation? a little birdie told me that they track very well, but i'm also interested in the pedal's live performance.

also, does this pedal prefer neck pickup use at or above the 12th fret? i've seen such disclaimers on multiple octave pedals and while i would be using it primarily above the 12th fret, i'm not sure whether i'd be happy using it exclusively with my neck pickup.

Archived