Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Touring to The UK Soon, How Am I Going To Use My Pedals/Amp?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For illustrative purposes (AKA: travel converters, universal travel converters):

Comment

that is bull****************

most of those do NOT convert power, just make your plug fit in the right hole

Comment

true. look at your power supply, if it says input: 110 - 240vAC (or whatever) they you can use a travel adapter, if it says input: 110vAC then you're gonna need a step down converter.
        good guys: english_bob, SG1, red_riviera, chisa, melx, Tayste_2000, tommyld (fuzzhugger), NetStar, bondini, Taylor704, HeartfeltDawn, garethdavies, Uncle Bastard, woolyh, Snufkino, THAT4301, Chugs, Matt0201, fruvai, Prince Squid, eerock, mr benn.

Comment

the UK is 240

If the input of your device is for 110 you'll need a step down

Comment

the UK is 240

If the input of your device is for 110 you'll need a step down

oh **************** yeah, i was getting confuzzled.
            good guys: english_bob, SG1, red_riviera, chisa, melx, Tayste_2000, tommyld (fuzzhugger), NetStar, bondini, Taylor704, HeartfeltDawn, garethdavies, Uncle Bastard, woolyh, Snufkino, THAT4301, Chugs, Matt0201, fruvai, Prince Squid, eerock, mr benn.

Comment

what to do with all of this contradicting info

that power adapter looks sketchy, appreciate the advise, but it seems a little small and simple to be able to convert 4 different ways?
              No Stairway... Denied ?

Comment

I meant to say "converter". I didn't realize that when retailers used the term "adaptor", that it was just for fitting the plug into a foreign outlet/surge protection only. I do realize that the voltage in the UK needs to be stepped down.

A "universal travel converter" is what the OP should look into.

http://www.thesource.ca/estore/product.aspx?language=en-CA&catalog=Online&category=Travel+Adapters&product =2738414

The one in the hyperlink is the same one that I have.

Edit:

I edited the photos from my previous post to avoid further confusion. The ones that I previously posted were for travel adaptors. The current photo is for a travel converter. A travel converter will in fact step the voltage down from 230VAC to 110VAC. Sorry for the mix up.

Comment

Whats your band called?
                  www.facebook.com/thelostsoulsclub
                  www.youtube.com/TheLSCpage
                  http://soundcloud.com/the-lost-souls-club

Selling:
                  Selling for CHEAP. Make an offer. I'm based in Winchester:
                  Marshall 1922
                  Marshall 1922
                  Marshall 1960 - Empty uncovered cab.
                  Marshall JCM800 Basscab 4x10. No tolex. Took it off and never got round to re-covering.
                  Heavily gigged Gibson Les Paul Gothic in hard case. Make an offer.

Comment

what to do with all of this contradicting info

that power adapter looks sketchy, appreciate the advise, but it seems a little small and simple to be able to convert 4 different ways?

K, Hot Karl, listen to me and listen good, as I have direct and recent knowledge of what you are going through.

Look at your current powersupplies and read whats on the back. If it says "Input: 110-240volts ~50-60 hz", then you need an adapter to change the shape of the plug to fit the hole. You can buy them anywhere for a couple of dollars.

If it says "Input: 110volts ~ 60hz" then you need to replace the powersupply with something that can handle up to 240volts.

I would recommend against a stepdown trasnformer because they are usually heavy as **************** and aren't cheap. If you are going to drop the dough, just get a Burkley Flatliner or the Voodoo lab powersupply.
                    Originally Posted by mdrake34

I still don't know what the **************** a haunting mids is, but what I do know is that I have never seen such an assortment of sandy, stinky, sopping wet vaginas e-assembled in one place in my life. It's like 300 The Decision-era Lebron's fighting over fuzz pedals.

Comment

Whats your band called?

Sorry, due to past annoyances I keep my personal identity and online identity completely separate.

You shall only know me as hot karl
                      No Stairway... Denied ?

Comment

K, Hot Karl, listen to me and listen good, as I have direct and recent knowledge of what you are going through.

Look at your current powersupplies and read whats on the back. If it says "Input: 110-240volts ~50-60 hz", then you need an adapter to change the shape of the plug to fit the hole. You can buy them anywhere for a couple of dollars.

If it says "Input: 110volts ~ 60hz" then you need to replace the powersupply with something that can handle up to 240volts.

I would recommend against a stepdown trasnformer because they are usually heavy as **************** and aren't cheap. If you are going to drop the dough, just get a Burkley Flatliner or the Voodoo lab powersupply.

Thanks, the problem with the voodoo labs thing is that most of my pedals have North American style adapters that are over 9volts and what not.... i will look into your recommendations thanks
                        No Stairway... Denied ?

Comment

Sorry, due to past annoyances I keep my personal identity and online identity completely separate.

You shall only know me as hot karl

he's in brokencyde i know it!
                          website | youtube | facebook | twitter | bandcamp | last.fm

Good deals with: Aahzz, jnurp, miggy01, Jules-RM, leer43, floodstage, CrystalLake, conky, [Animals2], vicenzajay

Comment

he's in brokencyde i know it!

not sure who that is, but all my past problems with annoyances weren't band related they were financially related.... there a lot of cork-soakers out there, be careful.
                            No Stairway... Denied ?

Comment

How are you powering your pedals at the moment? Answering this question would be a great help.
                              Good deals: WAWBanks, AimmarCair, MPH, Eshu, AidyCM, Daysofspeed, Arcaneaether, ChuckNorris1982, Snufkino x2, Sikor, Jakkeh, Aksman, Messiah, Barnaby Hardly, Raelm (eBay), Ex-Cowboy, Zoidberg (eBay), MaximusBassMan, SG1, The P-ManBlogMusicFormerly known as Mike_Muse_Rage

Comment

How are you powering your pedals at the moment? Answering this question would be a great help.

pedal power 2 with a standard powerbar(surge protector) plugged into the pedalpower to power all of my non pedal powerable pedals (aka 12volts, 16volts etc..).... so basically I plug the power cord into my pedal power, then into the wall and all my pedals light up.
                                No Stairway... Denied ?

Comment

Working...
                                X