Questions about fender jaguars (possible local purchase)

GreaserMatt

• Members

Hey all, I'm starting this thread here, because I know alot of guys in the fx forum dig these, & the EG forum has seemed alot like the the maps forum lately anyway, so here goes: white '93 MIJ fender jaguar, used condition, dimarzio in the bridge, gibson bridge for stability (still has original), hardshell case, $650. Thoughts anyone? I just missed a lake placid blue one w/ a gig bag (in similar condition) for $550 that I really dug, but couldn't get to it in time (it went fast). Here's a link:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/msg/1593586934.html

• Members

I've bought and sold them for cheaper, but I love Jaguars. I would pass on that particular one, though, because I just wouldn't like the mods done to it. I'd have to spend extra $$ undoing them!

get a stock one or one with nicer mods. I like Jaguars and Jazzmasters to be more authentic, personally -- because they are great sounding guitars that don't need to be hotrodded (just with more authentic pickups). Maybe a Mustang bridge if you're going to be a baby about it.

• Members

at that price, i would not jump on it, but it is roughly fair value from what I have seen for MIJ ones.

i also live in the pacific NW and have checked for Jags occasionally on CL and they are hard to come by locally. I'd keep your eye on ebay.

• Members

I've bought and sold them for cheaper, but I love Jaguars. I would pass on that particular one, though, because I just wouldn't like the mods done to it. I'd have to spend extra $$ undoing them!

get a stock one or one with nicer mods. I like Jaguars and Jazzmasters to be more authentic, personally -- because they are great sounding guitars that don't need to be hotrodded (just with more authentic pickups). Maybe a Mustang bridge if you're going to be a baby about it.

i agree I'd pass on it based on the mods. in fact i have seen that CL listing for a week now and was never interested in it myself.

• Members

+1

Archived