Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questions about fender jaguars (possible local purchase)

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about fender jaguars (possible local purchase)

Hey all, I'm starting this thread here, because I know alot of guys in the fx forum dig these, & the EG forum has seemed alot like the the maps forum lately anyway, so here goes: white '93 MIJ fender jaguar, used condition, dimarzio in the bridge, gibson bridge for stability (still has original), hardshell case, $650. Thoughts anyone? I just missed a lake placid blue one w/ a gig bag (in similar condition) for $550 that I really dug, but couldn't get to it in time (it went fast). Here's a link:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/msg/1593586934.html
    Originally Posted by marc758

There is something about a gold top.

The Bassmen - Proud Fender Bassman Players
    My old band: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/dragstripriot
    Gibson Les Paul junior/'67 Fender Bassman/Marshall JCM800 cab
    '91 MIJ fender p bass/'68 Kustom K100/2 15" Marshall JCM800 bass cabs

hit it. seriously. if you don't like it, just sell it.

but i wouldn't pass that up.
    Originally Posted by stjames

you think if we sold everything we had, cars included, we could afford a dumble?

bandcamp
    myspace
    tumblr

Comment

i'd pass.

Comment

doesn't seem like a bargain price?

Comment

I've bought and sold them for cheaper, but I love Jaguars. I would pass on that particular one, though, because I just wouldn't like the mods done to it. I'd have to spend extra $$ undoing them!

get a stock one or one with nicer mods. I like Jaguars and Jazzmasters to be more authentic, personally -- because they are great sounding guitars that don't need to be hotrodded (just with more authentic pickups). Maybe a Mustang bridge if you're going to be a baby about it.

Comment

Thanks guys!!! I really wanted that lake placid blue one; I really dug the color w/ the rosewood board. It was a mid-90's MIJ as well...

Comment

at that price, i would not jump on it, but it is roughly fair value from what I have seen for MIJ ones.

i also live in the pacific NW and have checked for Jags occasionally on CL and they are hard to come by locally. I'd keep your eye on ebay.

Comment

I've bought and sold them for cheaper, but I love Jaguars. I would pass on that particular one, though, because I just wouldn't like the mods done to it. I'd have to spend extra $$ undoing them!

get a stock one or one with nicer mods. I like Jaguars and Jazzmasters to be more authentic, personally -- because they are great sounding guitars that don't need to be hotrodded (just with more authentic pickups). Maybe a Mustang bridge if you're going to be a baby about it.

i agree I'd pass on it based on the mods. in fact i have seen that CL listing for a week now and was never interested in it myself.

Comment

I wouldn't. Especially since it's been modded quite a bit.
                  Stratocaster - Drag'n'fly - Meathead - MGMV - Faustone Valve Klipper - DMM - LFLJ -Mesa MK IV/73 Hiwatt

PM me for a list of good deals on here and on other forums.

Comment

You guys are nuts. I would hit that out of the universe.
                    Whores. Facebook bandcamp

Rig Guitars Board

Duane Denison, Steve Albini, Ron Ashton, Buzz Osborne, Rowland S. Howard, Steve Turner, Jon Spencer, Chris Spencer, Kurt Ballou and Josh Homme

Originally Posted by pasteface

I want to Make a sound like on doors where It Gose PPPPPPPRRROWWWWWNNNN like a Bridg falliing Apart and When it Ecchoes

Comment

Me too.
                      Guitars:G&L Tribute ASAT Classic BluesboyFender 50th Anniversary Strat, Classic 50s Telecaster, and others.Pedals:Pitchblack>EP Booster>Classic 108 Fuzz> SD-1>OCD>Keeley Rat>Hoof>DLS MKiii>Small Stone>TR-2>Flashback>Spring TheoryAmp:Peavey Delta Blues

Comment

+1
                        FS/FT:
                        - Fender Classic 50's Strat with TV Jones Classics + case (MIM)
                        Wanted:
                        - Squier Surf Green Jaguar
                        - Goatkeeper, WMD Geiger Counter, Strats, Rickenbackers
                        GOOD DEALS: Click Here

Comment

That's a fair price considering the hard case is included.
                          Good Dealings: Riffhead, Booher, Budkingston,THSea, Senor-Penguin, Itsatimemachine, rxkid75, Mueller, Leaves, Stevenglass, iamthearm, stratedge09, Hosebeast

http://www.myspace.com/mandoc80

Comment

Just heard back form him; he doesn't have the orig bridge pup, and the case is an ibanez (lame). The tolex fender cases are hard to come by 'round these here parts...

Comment

Yeah, the case makes it a decent deal, and if you're into the mods that were done it wouldn't be bad. But personally I'd have to change the pickup and bridge and I never cared too much for the white/tortoise myself. If you dig the finish and mods, make him an offer.
                              FS/FT:
                              - Fender Classic 50's Strat with TV Jones Classics + case (MIM)
                              Wanted:
                              - Squier Surf Green Jaguar
                              - Goatkeeper, WMD Geiger Counter, Strats, Rickenbackers
                              GOOD DEALS: Click Here

Comment

Working...
                              X