Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Does The Zvex Box of Rock Sound like on A Clean Amp (Fender Twin Style)????

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Does The Zvex Box of Rock Sound like on A Clean Amp (Fender Twin Style)????

Every demo I hear, sounds awesome, but it's always on a dirty amp.... I'm worried it won't sound any good on my twin.
    No Stairway... Denied ?

I tried it in the studio with my Ampeg VT-22 which was set to totally clean. I didn't like it, it was noisy and a bit flat feeling to me. I much preferred my RAT. But each to their own. Can you not try one out at a shop?
    www.facebook.com/thelostsoulsclub
    www.youtube.com/TheLSCpage
    http://soundcloud.com/the-lost-souls-club

Selling:
    Selling for CHEAP. Make an offer. I'm based in Winchester:
    Marshall 1922
    Marshall 1922
    Marshall 1960 - Empty uncovered cab.
    Marshall JCM800 Basscab 4x10. No tolex. Took it off and never got round to re-covering.
    Heavily gigged Gibson Les Paul Gothic in hard case. Make an offer.

Comment

I tried it in the studio with my Ampeg VT-22 which was set to totally clean. I didn't like it, it was noisy and a bit flat feeling to me. I much preferred my RAT. But each to their own. Can you not try one out at a shop?

they might have one.... it's hard to find stuff around here.... I also have a vt-22, which i love to death, but i think fender twins sound a bit sweeter/smoother. But when I need it loud and hard, i always go to the ampeg.
      No Stairway... Denied ?

Comment

I use it live with a twin all the time. Sounds great. Stacks really well with other dirt pedals also. Here's a clip I did a couple years ago, strat into clean twin w/ box of rock. I also showed the boost a little and played an OCD at the end of the clip just to compare. Maybe it will help you.

CLIP
        Originally posted by GuyaGuy this forum needs less bickering and more group hugs...Great Transactions With: Lorax, SeeMore, wednesdaysworse, themeanreds, Sh333, ohtheant, preservation, inscho, StratAtak83, boneman, sonaboy, ProjectX, Denizen_as, DracoAran, PurpleStrat, Belt, sa1126, comfortablynumb, chrismd465, skitzy, rydia is hot, missfortune, jimihalen, Dega500, brianeharmonjr, CicadaSilence, guitarchaz, ClickyClique

Comment

But when I need it loud and hard, i always ask Anderer if he's busy.

Comment

I have a box of rock and I have a twin. They go along pretty nicely.
            Can nail an AC/DC sound.

Check out my band These Mountains Are Ghosts
            Become a fan of us on FriendFace! http://www.facebook.com/thesemountainsareghosts

GOOD DEALS WITH : Let It Burn... x2, Kayzer x2

Originally Posted by Reaganomics!

You're on the internet dude. don't try to think rationally about why you don't like something. Just talk condescending to everybody about it, and later that night stroke your dick while wimpering "meh, meh, meh, meh, I don't get it, meh meh meh, this similar but less popular artist is better, meh meh meh"

Comment

feel free to stop by sometime we could always use a spotter.
              No Stairway... Denied ?

Comment

I always thought it sounded best when it was used with a lower-wattage amp that it was pushing. JMO though.
                ORANGE AMPS
                Good Deals

Winner "Best Multi-Amp Rig" 2012 BOTR

Originally Posted by Sex Panther

I never called myself "Love Panther" or "Commitment Panther".

Formerly known as Dolflundgren

Comment

Thanks man that helps a lot, it sounds really good... When you say it stacks well with other pedals, are you referring to noise level and feedback etc?

Yes, not a lot of noise and hiss when you run another drive into it. Also it reacts more amp-like in that it just gets heavier and more saturated sounding instead of getting sputtery and farty like say a tubescreamer.
                  Originally posted by GuyaGuy this forum needs less bickering and more group hugs...Great Transactions With: Lorax, SeeMore, wednesdaysworse, themeanreds, Sh333, ohtheant, preservation, inscho, StratAtak83, boneman, sonaboy, ProjectX, Denizen_as, DracoAran, PurpleStrat, Belt, sa1126, comfortablynumb, chrismd465, skitzy, rydia is hot, missfortune, jimihalen, Dega500, brianeharmonjr, CicadaSilence, guitarchaz, ClickyClique

Comment

just came back from the music store, lone behold there was one sitting there and there was also a diamond j-drive (which I am using with it) tried them both together in a twin.... they sound amazing together... never knew my twin could sound like a marshall!

gotta give it to zvex, this is my first pedal of theres but it's a winner for sure.... Even tho I always hated the graphics and the name.... I now love the graphics and name cus i know how it sounds.
                    No Stairway... Denied ?

Comment

i can make a demo if you want.. but it'll be on a clean 4x10 deville.
                      this is my 1 post for the month.

Comment

just came back from the music store, lone behold there was one sitting there and there was also a diamond j-drive (which I am using with it) tried them both together in a twin.... they sound amazing together... never knew my twin could sound like a marshall!

gotta give it to zvex, this is my first pedal of theres but it's a winner for sure.... Even tho I always hated the graphics and the name.... I now love the graphics and name cus i know how it sounds.

Good to know. Glad you're a convert. I'm thinking of changing the graphics this year. But not the name. 8^)
                        http://zvex.com ...17 years of freaky pedals!

Comment

Good to know. Glad you're a convert. I'm thinking of changing the graphics this year. But not the name. 8^)

I wouldn't worry too much about it, the thing sells itself by it's tone, it's really punchy which I love... I'm not too concerned with graphics.

you could put a giant penis on the woolly mammoth for all i care, I really really want one..... do you guys do consignment?
                          No Stairway... Denied ?

Comment

i recorded some 4x10 stuff... just have to edit it down.
                            this is my 1 post for the month.

Comment

i recorded some 4x10 stuff... just have to edit it down.

for sure I'll check it out... tho i already have the pedal and i'm loving it
                              No Stairway... Denied ?

Comment

Working...
                              X