Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headrush vs DL-4 for looping?

I was all set to get another Headrush, but since these are selling for about
    Youtube Pedal Vids
    For Sale: (including special delivery in UK)
    ToneFactor Nebular - £40
    Line 6 RotoMachine - £46
    Good deals: Sikor, daysofspeed, joeyowen, melx, WAWbanks, Vince, woolyh, HeartfeltDawn, messiah, T3, dangerous dan, starsteam, Netstar, gae86, theboywho, Mike_Muse_Rage, SG-1, kpd78, AJ Nash, Vintage_freak, percyexpat

The DL-4 is hard to use? I actually just got another DL-4 for looping because of the reverse.
    Originally Posted by Brave Ulysses

i'll have you bounced off of this site.

Originally Posted by Echoes

I say this all the time....today's 'liberals' are small minded 'trolls' ....scumbag immoral low life thieves really...

Originally Posted by John Ellis

While you're here, can I ask why you haven't dealt with the thread claiming that I and several others here are sponsors of terror?

Comment

I'm not a fan of the DL-4 initial noisiness when setting loops but I just got it so maybe you can eliminate that, thoughts anyone?
      Originally Posted by bluedogaudio

Hey turd fondler, I don't have a girlfriend

Comment

The DL4 is probably a more useful looper than the Headrush, but it's also a huge gamble. Its gonna break.
        G&L ASAT Classic Tribute
        Korg Pitchblack
        Blackout Musket
        Paul C. Timmy
        Boss TR-2
        EHX Deluxe Memory Man
        Roland JC-120

good deals: fewlio, 22tape, zzzzzzz (The Gear Page), Natarel, starsailor803, murch33

Comment

I actually think the DL-4 is easier. I kind of have to think about what I'm doing with the Headrush, whereas with the DL-4 (and also 2880) I just seem to be much more in tune with it.

I also like that on the DL-4 you can set the initial loop and keep it in record mode for seamless stuff. The Headrush can't stay in record mode when setting the initial loop. ALSO, manipulating the delay controls in real time while the loop is running is crazy fun. I love screwing with oscillating delays over the top of the loop.
          {For Sale}
          Chandler RH-2 lap steel - $325

Comment

The DL4 is probably a more useful looper than the Headrush, but it's also a huge gamble. Its gonna break.
            I've been through TONS of DL-4's, and not one of them has broken on me. I've actually had 2 separate Headrush E2's that liked to glitch in loop mode, and they were 2 separate glitching issues. One would just lose the loop and stop playing (off and on, it was never consistent), and the current one just straight up doesn't record right. It's like it just randomly ends the loop when you're in record mode.
            {For Sale}
            Chandler RH-2 lap steel - $325

Comment

Just because yours haven't broken, that doesn't change the fact that a frighteningly high percentage of them do.
              G&L ASAT Classic Tribute
              Korg Pitchblack
              Blackout Musket
              Paul C. Timmy
              Boss TR-2
              EHX Deluxe Memory Man
              Roland JC-120

good deals: fewlio, 22tape, zzzzzzz (The Gear Page), Natarel, starsailor803, murch33

Comment

I also like that on the DL-4 you can set the initial loop and keep it in record mode for seamless stuff. The Headrush can't stay in record mode when setting the initial loop. ALSO, manipulating the delay controls in real time while the loop is running is crazy fun. I love screwing with oscillating delays over the top of the loop.

interesting..

so with the DL-4 once you get to the end of the loop you can hit 'record' again and go straight into overdubbing, or you can hit 'play' to just have it loop unarmed?
                Youtube Pedal Vids
                ToneFactor Nebular - £40
                Line 6 RotoMachine - £46
                Good deals: Sikor, daysofspeed, joeyowen, melx, WAWbanks, Vince, woolyh, HeartfeltDawn, messiah, T3, dangerous dan, starsteam, Netstar, gae86, theboywho, Mike_Muse_Rage, SG-1, kpd78, AJ Nash, Vintage_freak, percyexpat

Comment

I've owned several DL4's, and never had any reliability issues with any of them. I never see what you guys are always on about.

And why can't you daisy chain off your fueltank with the DL4? Just get one of the OneSpot L6 adapters.
                  interesting..

so with the DL-4 once you get to the end of the loop you can hit 'record' again and go straight into overdubbing, or you can hit 'play' to just have it loop unarmed?

Yes.
                  The Ampeg Flight Crew | 35+ Good Trades
                  SPAM! - Boss RC-2 Mods!

Comment

I've owned several DL4's, and never had any reliability issues with any of them. I never see what you guys are always on about.

And why can't you daisy chain off your fueltank with the DL4? Just get one of the OneSpot L6 adapters.
                    Yes.

the Fuel Tank Jr is 80ma per output and the DL-4 seems to be 1200ma. i'm pretty dedicated to using all 5 outs on the Fuel Tank to cover the rest of my pedals.

actually the Headrush is 160ma anyway, so it would need a dedicated supply too.. moot point i guess
                    Youtube Pedal Vids
                    ToneFactor Nebular - £40
                    Line 6 RotoMachine - £46

Comment

the Fuel Tank Jr is 80ma per output and the DL-4 seems to be 1200ma. i'm pretty dedicated to using all 5 outs on the Fuel Tank to cover the rest of my pedals.

actually the Headrush is 160ma anyway, so it would need a dedicated supply too.. moot point i guess

Is the DL-4 really 1200mA? You wouldn't need a dedicated PS for the Headrush. Just got a current doubler. T-Rex sells some on their site or just cut a daisy chain cable to 3 ends, plug 2 into the outputs on the FTJr and the other one to your pedal.
                      Originally Posted by Brave Ulysses

i'll have you bounced off of this site.

Originally Posted by Echoes

I say this all the time....today's 'liberals' are small minded 'trolls' ....scumbag immoral low life thieves really...

Originally Posted by John Ellis

While you're here, can I ask why you haven't dealt with the thread claiming that I and several others here are sponsors of terror?

Comment

thanks for this post. i was debating whether i wanted to run 2 dl4's or a dl4 and a headrush. i don't like how muddy the dl4 can get when looping with gain and i was hoping the akai would fix that.
                        I have a few amps, several pedals, and a few guitars.

Originally Posted by Roger Daltry

YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!

Comment

just youtubing a bunch of videos of the Headrush and found something quite interesting..

skip to 50min
                          ">" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

rather than just using the mix outout for combined dry and looping signals, you can seperate the signals by using the 2nd output to send the looping-only signal off in one direction and keep the dry signal going through the 1st output.

This could be very useful for how i want to use the looper (looped signal running through a bunch of ambient effects independant/in parallel to my main signal).. i can't believe a Gearwire video taught me something useful!
                          Youtube Pedal Vids
                          ToneFactor Nebular - £40
                          Line 6 RotoMachine - £46

Comment

DL4 all the way. Also don't know about the Headrush being smaller, it's pretty big. I'd venture to say they occupy the safe square inchage.
                            My Music: http://www.rodrigoconstanzo.com - http://www.agreaterhorror.com - http://www.takahashisshellfishconcern.com

WH-4 True-Bypass Mod Guide - WH-1 vs WH-4 Comparison Video - Modded WH-4 Demo Video

Good deals with:
                            mewithoutlouie, Free the Guilty, django5, deftoneboy, Kid_A, melx, WAWBanks, Jakkeh, mr benn

Comment

For what it's worth, I really like the Headrush for looping.

They're reliable and the delay's also sound great.

My only problem with the Headrush is that when you overdub, you can't delete the last overdub, you have to delete them all the way back to the original loop.

Also, to get a gauge of size, here's mine on my board...

Good dealings with: scott_tele, 6StrngStrangler, gambit, miffa 55, Saturnine10, Henry_13, deftoneboy

Comment

Working...
                              X