Digitech DigiDelay in the mail......................................

blingdogg

• Members

Tell me about the Digitech DigiDelay please.

I placed an order for one, it should be just what I need, and I'm poor so it's a good price. But I'm curious about what you guys have to say about it. I needed a budget digital delay and while everyone recommends the Ibanez DE7, I need some modulation, more features and more control.

I got it for the digital delays, tweakability for delay times, analog mode, modulation and reverse. The looper function should be cool because it would help when I play guitar alone (99% of the time) to spice things up. I don't care about oscillation or tap tempo though, and durability's never been an issue for me since I play at home and I'm gentle.

What's your thoughts?

• Members

I have one and for the money it downright {censored}ing rocks. The 4 second looper is great for noise/ ambient chaos. The chorus on the modulation channel is so nice that it booted my CE-2 off of my board. The mod channel can be used without delay as well just turn the time knob all of the way down and adjust the level and repeats levels for varying chorus sounds. It has tap tempo on every channel. I got mine for $40 used with adapter and if it ever died I would go buy a brand new one in a heartbeat.

• Members

It's a good cheap delay with lots of options.

Digital = good standard digital repeats

Analog = some high cut, sounds good, better for some things than straight digital repeats, but not convincing analog hence just got memory toy

Mod = hate it. Mod is too deep for me. YMMV.

Reverse = fun, but doesn't do 100% wet, which may put a damper on it for some.

Loop = not really my cup of tea, rather use Headrush.

So it does a lot and it's solid and reliable and fun. The other ultra-cool thing about it is that it's your emergency speaker sim if you have to unexpectedly run direct into the PA. If you pull the power adaptor out, plug it back in while holding the pedal down, it switches on a cab emulator. I can't take an amp to church and have to go direct via a Marshall acoustic amp - dirt pedals sound TERRIBLE without the cab sim on, sounds decent with it on. Of course, I'd rather use my night train, but I can't. Great for emergency amp explosions, jams where there's only a keyboard amp or bass amp available for you, and so on.

Steve

• Members

You forgot tape mode, which sounds bitchin. They totally dropped the ball with the no-100%-wet part. If it had this and expression control with oscillation, it would have been a beast. As is, great pedal for the money.

Also, construction wise, it's solid as a rock.

• Members

+1 to the tape mode being pretty good, especially for the price. Honestly, that's the only thing I ever use on mine, and that mode alone is worth the price of admission.

I just upgraded to the TimeFactor, so I don't know how much I'll still use it, but that's just because the TF is so incredible, and not because of anything wrong with the Digidelay. Corksniffers might tell you otherwise, but if that's what your budget allows, I think you'll be satisfied.

• Members

Like I've seen before, most people have nothing but good things to say about the DigiDelay. That's why I decided to get one.

Thanks for the opinions and the reviews guys, it seems like it has a couple really nice sounding features, and good quality, from what you've experienced.

I have a feeling I'm going to like this pedal.

• Members

+1 to the tape mode being pretty good, especially for the price. Honestly, that's the only thing I ever use on mine, and that mode alone is worth the price of admission.

This...

but you also have to know that in less than 10 hours of use it'll be eating as much 9V batteries as it costs.

It won't go into self oscillation either but, on tape mode, if you change delay speed it acts like a tape, ie pitch changes... nice!

• Members

I had one for a while, it's a great delay.

As some have already said, the tape mode is really good! The modulation mode didn't do much for me. One annoying thing is that you have to hold the pedal down for 3 seconds to go to tap tempo. But you get used to it. I'm just wondering why it has to be three seconds? Did they want to be just a little different from Boss (DD-6 tap tempo mode takes 2 seconds)?

• Members

This...

but you also have to know that in less than 10 hours of use it'll be eating as much 9V batteries as it costs.

Do people actually use delay pedals using batteries often? I thought that feature was definitely a contingency plan of sorts: daisy chain is burnt up, not enough outlets, post-apocalyptic rock show.

I would be happy to survive in the music apocalypse with just a digi-delay. It's a very useful pedal; extremely worthwhile in terms of cost and usability.

• Members

For the money it's an excellent pedal. As others have said, the tape setting is where it's at. It's the only preset I use. The looper can be a little tricky to use, but for occasional use, it's fine.

I wouldn't be able to use it as my only delay, but as one of the 4 delays on my board, it's great.

Archived