Best budget analog delay.

Loobs

• Members

So it's between the Carbon Copy, Memory Boy, Malekko 616...what else?

Doesn't have to be too fancy but can't be too dark sounding. Doesn't need to have modulation either, but needs to have more than 400-500ms...

Also needs to be smaller rather than bigger.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So it's between the Carbon Copy, Memory Boy, Malekko 616...what else?

Doesn't have to be too fancy but can't be too dark sounding. Doesn't need to have modulation either, but needs to have more than
400-500ms...

Also needs to be smaller rather than bigger.

if what people say about them is true, i think you can cross the Memory Boy off of your list.

• Members

MemoryBoy might give you some trouble with the delay time, but it's probably your best bet for an awesome budget analog delay. I never really liked the Carbon Copy.

The De-7 has a glorious sounding echo mode, no modulation, but it sounds great.

But srsly, dump that {censored} and just get an Empress :lol:

• Members

UH, analog setting on your new M9 -- have you played around with that much?

its surprsingly good.

as to the topic - well i havent played any of the ones you list, but if i were to pick one, id do the ehx simply because i loved the DMM so much

• Members

I thought the m9 would kill all fx problems bar dirt, is the delay no good?

It's good, it's just I'd rather have an analog echo pedal on the floor I could just jump down and tweak, and it also frees up another memory on the M9. Might look at a 616, the clips sound really good from what I can tell.

The M9s analog delay sound is really good, there's just something wonderful about a real analog delay and the way it melts around and flatters your guitars signal and your playing that is just really musical and organic - and that I've yet to hear replicated. I know that's a pretty lame thing to say, but yeah.

• Members

I've never tryed the new malekko but I've owned both the MB and CC and imo the CC is WAY better.

The MB would always seem to have a really short delay time until you had it on for a while then the delay time would gradually increase in mid play and F**k you up! And it also had a really unpleasant and big volume increase when you turn it on.

I haven't expierenced any of these problems with the CC.

I personally wouldn't even consider the MB (that's how much I dislike it)

I would go with the CC 616 Modtone or AD9 (delay time may be too short for you though)

That's my .2

Archived