Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeley Compressor: 2 or 4 knobs?

Just wondering what the consensus best version is. Is the two knob version good enough or would a 4 knob be better? Logically more = better but I'm just wondering if it's the same thing in this case.

Also, do I really need a 4 knob compressor? All my guitars are humbucker-equipped but I am not currently recording in a studio. Would a 2 knob in any case be just as good for in a studio situation, assuming I only use a guitar with the pedal?

Thanks in advance!
    Guitars: Martin HD-28 - Fender '72 Telecaster Thinline - Gibson Les Paul Standard - 1960 Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop Standard VOS - Yamaha AES620
    Amps: Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier 3 Channels - Fender Hot Rod DeVille 410
    Effects: Line 6 DL4 -> Boss DD-6 -> Boss RV-5 -> Keeley Modded Ibanez TS9 -> Keeley Modded ProCo RAT -> Fulltone OCD -> Peterson Strobostomp -> Dunlop Slash Wah -> Ernie Ball 6166 Volume Pedal

To answer one of your questions the two knob compressor has two internal trimpots so it's exactly the same as the 4-knob
    Good Transactions: Leer43, easyliver, bjb245, findingtim, justcrash, StopReferencing, hooya, teletaylor, josh27, tripp2k, tee money, Sanyc

SPAM
    -Guyatone Flip TC-X Tube Compressor - $120 s/p
    -Vox Cooltron Bulldog Distortion - $100 s/p

All prices shipped and paypal.

Originally Posted by freeridstylee

Just fyi, 85% of this forum isn't helpful. For the future.

Comment

if your only going to use it on guitar and guitar alone get the 2 knob. if you have other uses or instruments in mind go 4 knob. it's a great compressor i really like it. that being said the Mad Professor Forest Green Compressor just kicked the Keeley off my main guitar board. the sustain feature on it is amazing and the compressor is great as well. not sure what your price point is but either compressor will serve you well
      My Band:Guitar Pedalboard:Bass Pedalboard:80's Marshall JCM 800 Mini Stack:1976 Fender Starcaster and 1974 HIWATT DR-103:Great Transactions With:Erim/rabott13/jiveturkey/SkyhighRocks/jhamnett/miggy01/kismet78/Stubacca/Malekko/The Great Waldo Pepper/Jumbo Fuzz/Musickbox/johnnyunitas/BTBAM/bentpcat/J Purcell/Austin AL/thesjkexperienc (X2) /paine/Bobby D.

Comment

bump
        Guitars: Martin HD-28 - Fender '72 Telecaster Thinline - Gibson Les Paul Standard - 1960 Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop Standard VOS - Yamaha AES620
        Amps: Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier 3 Channels - Fender Hot Rod DeVille 410
        Effects: Line 6 DL4 -> Boss DD-6 -> Boss RV-5 -> Keeley Modded Ibanez TS9 -> Keeley Modded ProCo RAT -> Fulltone OCD -> Peterson Strobostomp -> Dunlop Slash Wah -> Ernie Ball 6166 Volume Pedal

Comment

if your only going to use it on guitar and guitar alone get the 2 knob. if you have other uses or instruments in mind go 4 knob. it's a great compressor i really like it. that being said the Mad Professor Forest Green Compressor just kicked the Keeley off my main guitar board. the sustain feature on it is amazing and the compressor is great as well. not sure what your price point is but either compressor will serve you well

This... If you are only going to use ONE guitar with your pedal you should be able to set the attack and clipping properly by opening the pedal and changing their settings with a screw driver. These 2 settings are both set to completely off (the default) when they come from the factory.

http://www.robertkeeley.com/manuals/keeley_compressor.pdf

Comment

Working...
          X