Keeley Compressor: 2 or 4 knobs?

Brown Rug

• Members

Just wondering what the consensus best version is. Is the two knob version good enough or would a 4 knob be better? Logically more = better but I'm just wondering if it's the same thing in this case.

Also, do I really need a 4 knob compressor? All my guitars are humbucker-equipped but I am not currently recording in a studio. Would a 2 knob in any case be just as good for in a studio situation, assuming I only use a guitar with the pedal?

Thanks in advance!

• Members

if your only going to use it on guitar and guitar alone get the 2 knob. if you have other uses or instruments in mind go 4 knob. it's a great compressor i really like it. that being said the Mad Professor Forest Green Compressor just kicked the Keeley off my main guitar board. the sustain feature on it is amazing and the compressor is great as well. not sure what your price point is but either compressor will serve you well :thu:

• Members

if your only going to use it on guitar and guitar alone get the 2 knob. if you have other uses or instruments in mind go 4 knob. it's a great compressor i really like it. that being said the Mad Professor Forest Green Compressor just kicked the Keeley off my main guitar board. the sustain feature on it is amazing and the compressor is great as well. not sure what your price point is but either compressor will serve you well
:thu:

This... If you are only going to use ONE guitar with your pedal you should be able to set the attack and clipping properly by opening the pedal and changing their settings with a screw driver. These 2 settings are both set to completely off (the default) when they come from the factory.

http://www.robertkeeley.com/manuals/keeley_compressor.pdf

Archived