best multi effects pedal at a budget:

pfc2006

• Members

Hi there!

I am relatively new to lead guitar ...I do so in a christian worship if this makes sense to people if not, not essential!... but the kit i use in this setting is a squier telecaster (really like the sound this produces) through a 60w fender front man amp.

I am looking to buy a new multi effects pedal (NOT A NEW AMP OR SEPARATE EFFECTS)...I have a budget of

• Members

Go with Line 6 or Boss. My lead guitarist in my worship band has a Boss ME-50 and he seems to like it. Line 6 just makes great sounding stuff. I love their delays. Either of those two would be good for your uses.

Good to have you here! Welcome to HCFX!

• Members

If I were you I'd invest in either a boss me-50 (find a used one), a line 6 floorpod or like someone said invest a bit more and get an m9. The m9 would give you a much larger palette of effects with really high quality.

The me-50 has some great features but If I had the choice, the m9 looks the best and has even a looper which is an amazing feature!

• Members

cheers guys! i think its going to be between the floor pod plus and the boss me-25 to be honest! boss me-25 is meant to be similar to the me-50 but with newer features, maybe not as good i kno....i really cant aford the m9 and all those im afraid and i am by no means an expert anyway!

As stated the main effects needed would be overdrive, delay and distortion, octave would be cool just for my own use! if there are singular pedals you could point me to that would be cool! Amp modelling would be useful which is why I like the sound of the line 6 floor pod plus...its meant to have very good amp modelling and lots of delay options... but the boss me-25 uses the boss me-70 amp modelling which is meant to be brill and also has 5 sec tap delays!

In saying this....which is best? is the above true?

obviously i completely understand that hillsong/u2 sort of sound is almost impossible to make with such limited kit...but im sure i can make my own sort of style!

I would also be looking upgrade my guitar but again nothing too pricey being a student:

so I can have a spare (my tele as spare)... now i know this is a squier...but the squier tele custom p90 looks to be exactly the sound I am after to go with a multi effects pedal! (google it and search reviews, looks like it would be great for high and low pitches and the p90's give it some real welly!)

http://www.reidys.com/index.pl?submit=View_PLU&PLU=1706

The other guitar I looked at which i could go for, but i dont think it would suit my style as much: Gretcsh Pro Jet http://www.reidys.com/index.pl?submit=View_PLU&PLU=6625

the other one I saw was an epiphone firebird: http://www.dv247.com/guitars/epiphone-firebir...

hope this helps a bit and you know what sound I would like!

• Members

Multi Effects usually tend to have horrid digital sounding overdrives and distortions. I use to have an ME-50 and I loved the delays and modulations, but I used single analog stompboxes for my dirt.

Really, now is not the time, nor the place to be worried.

• Members

hi cheers guys! really been considering hard about this and I think im going to try and look into the possiblities of using separate pedals instead of multi effects and give a few a try.

I have decided that the most required are overdrive/distortion and delay...maybe chorus and reverb later but not for now.

I would like to purchase an over drive and delay pedal and tuner possibly all for

• Members

Check out the Danelectro Cool Cat series, they're cheap and surprisingly good quality

Maybe the CC Drive for overdrive and CC Chorus

For delay check out the Behringer EM600, reverb the Behringer RV600 and for a tuner the Behringer TU100

should all be in your budget and they're all pretty good quality for the money :thu:

• Members

you can read me like a book! exactly all the things i was looking at!!! i like the sound of this set up! do you think if purchasing these, would sound better than a multi effects pedal? and would it sound ok through a PA?

hope to get this sorted asap! and will try out some pedals with a squier tele custom p90 which i would like!

• Members

tried out a boss me20 pedal today...was just curious about multieffects...could not actually believe the quality! thought it was pretty decent tbh!

I want something a bit more expensive, and i will spend

• Members

Will you be going direct into the PA or will you be mic'ed, going through an amp?

If you're going to be DI'ed, a multi or some sort of modeler would be good, because standard effects pedals direct into the board sound pretty bad, unless there's some sort of cabinet or amp emulation going on.

If you're going into an amp, single pedals are probably a better option.

Whatever you're doing, you'll get a lot more for your money buying used.

Lots of people have suggested multis, and staying away from the really cheap low end products by buying used.

For cheap single pedals, buying new:

- The danelectro cool cat pedals - the cheapest place I found them online in the UK was www.sound-affects.co.uk, and I'd suggest the transparent overdrive (35 pounds) for light drive and the cool cat drive (30 pounds) for more intense drive. The chorus is also very cool and only 25 pounds.

- The digitech bad monkey - 35 pounds from www.dv247.com, includes a cabinet sim output which is OK for emergency DI. Good light overdrive (tubescreamer style)

- For delay, I love the Electro Harmonix memory toy, 51 pounds.

Used, check the UK/euro spam thread. There's an MXR carbon copy, which is a great analog delay for 80 pounds, and the EHX #1 echo which is a decent digital delay, for 35. Not much in the way of cheap good dirt at the moment, but it does come up.

So a decent setup would be:

Dano Cool Cat Drive - 30

Digitech Bad Monkey - 35

EHX #1 echo - 35

which brings you in at about 100 quid. The rest could go on a chorus or trem (TR2 for 45 in the spam thread), or a power supply, or a vox amplug ac30 for plugging in direct.

Steve

• Members

Korg AX3000G for me. Nice sounding models, plenty of compensator options, the reverbs could be better though. It's a more natural sounding unit than the Zooms, although the Zoom has nicer reverbs and chorus effects. The Korg for all intents and purposes is a VOX Tonelab, same effects and models less the fancy valve circuitry. They're virtually the same pedal! I think for live use you'll need the unit with the most switching options, which for me would be the Zoom or Korg unit. I'm sure the Digitech RP350 unit is great, but i'd save up the extra money and go for the RP500 for greater versatility.

• 4 years later...
  • Members

Ive found the Zoom G3 pedal to be fantastic - 3 separate effect pedals in 1 unit and you can swap the positions of the effects around to get the sound you want - I love mine and have been using it for a few years, I love the overdrives and the delays are fantastic! and the looper is a great bonus - http://www.guitarbitz.com/guitar-effects-recording-c25/multi-effects-pedals-c27/zoom-g3-multi-guitar-effects-pedal-and-amp-simulator-p1529

Archived