Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 616 vs. DMB

fff i can't decide. this is going to be my primary and only delay for now. leaning towards the dmb because of tap, but i think the 616 sounds better. what do you say?
    Originally Posted by stjames

you think if we sold everything we had, cars included, we could afford a dumble?

bandcamp
    myspace
    tumblr

If the dmb sounds anything like the mb, I'd go with the 616.
    http://www.banpuppymills.com/

Comment

i would go 616 cause when i A/B'd them it sounded much better. but if you need tap get a DMB
      Guitars: LsL T-bone|Gibson 62ri SG|Martin D-18
      Pedals: |DiamondComp|Whammy DaVe|Pitch black|Naga Viper|Hotcake|DMM|RRR|
      Amp: Vox AC15HW1x

Comment

I would say do you want or need tap & decide from there.
        Les Paul Elite | 77 Mustang | J.Mascis Jazzmaster | Les Paul Studio | Taylor GS Mini
        Musket | EP Boost | Kanji | M9 | DMM
        Mesa ElectraDyne | Fargen MiniPlex | Twin Reberb
        Founder of "The Fender Benders" Offset Fender Owners Group

Good deals: Vinhoff, guitarplayer, Lucius, MikeSF, jonnyrocket, sonymenu, woolyh and a few more

Comment

616'd
          Gear
          G&L ASAT >> AC30 >>
          OCD, BD-2, Timmy, BK Butler, Holy Grail,
          Superdelay, 616, Goatkeeper, Pitch Pirate,
          Musket, Small Stone, Keeley Comp, Turbo Tuner

Good Deals
          Jules-RM, stephen_b, Stevenglass, orangekick

"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made." -Marx

Comment

I have the DMB & the 616 & was using them both on my pedalboard. The 616 does sound better, to me. I took the DMB off my board & replaced it with my DMM. The DMB features are great...tap tempo, tap divide, expression & effects loop & the delay was not really that bad at all. It sounds good. I may put it on a smaller grab & go board but, I realized that I just don't need those features & my DMM sounds better. So now it's my DMM & 616.
            '87 Gibson Les Paul Custom

Fender '65 DRRI

**EFX: Turbo Tuner > AMT WAH > Diamond Comp > Mojo Vibe > EQD Bit Commander > EQD HOOF > Catalinbread DLS > TIMMY > Flint > El Capistan > Malekko Spring Chicken LE > Akai Headrush E2

**A work in progress

Comment

I realize I'm in the minority, but I didn't care for the 616 at all. I like the Deluxe Memory Boy quite a bit, but I don't think I'd use it as my only delay - it's super-dark and grainy. The 616 is bright and grainy, but I realllllly didn't like the way the repeats decayed.
              Originally Posted by rushfan

They want to be equal, but point out how they are different. That's hypocrisy.

Comment

Anyone who isn't sure about the DMB should put a POG or something crazy in the fx loop. It's insanely awesome.
                Guitars
                Fender Jazzmaster USA, Ibanez Prestige, Taylor 314 CE
                Amp
                Twin Reverb, Gigrac 300
                Pedalboard
                Diamond J-Drive, Blackout Effectors VST Dual Fuzz, POG 2, Ring Thing, SMMH, Moog Ring Mod, Eventide Modfactor, Deluxe Memory Boy, MicroPOG, Deluxe Memory Man, Cathedral, M9

good transactions with: T3, letsgocoyote, matybigfro, kpd78, heartfeltdawn

www.myspace.com/attic

Comment

Anyone who isn't sure about the DMB should put a POG or something crazy in the fx loop. It's insanely awesome.

Was gonna try this with my micro pog but haven't gotten around to it yet.
                  '87 Gibson Les Paul Custom

Fender '65 DRRI

**EFX: Turbo Tuner > AMT WAH > Diamond Comp > Mojo Vibe > EQD Bit Commander > EQD HOOF > Catalinbread DLS > TIMMY > Flint > El Capistan > Malekko Spring Chicken LE > Akai Headrush E2

**A work in progress

Comment

I haven't played a DMB, but I wasn't impressed at all with the MB.
                    Guitars: G&L ASAT Classic Custom & Gibson Les Paul Studio || Amp: Dr. Z Maz 8 Studio
                    Pedalboard: Disaster Area DPC-5 > Diamond Compressor, Skreddy LMMD, Timmy, Turbo Tuner, Strymon Timeline & Flint

My YouTube Channel

Comment

I haven't played a DMB, but I wasn't impressed at all with the MB.

I think they're fairly similar, with the welcome addition of a preamp (hated that I couldn't control the overall level with the Boy engaged). I feel like the Boy and DMB have a specific sound, and it's very much a take-it-or-leave-it thing. Same with the 616.
                      Originally Posted by rushfan

They want to be equal, but point out how they are different. That's hypocrisy.

Comment

Working...
                      X