what is the best high gain distortion pedal?

• Members

I currently have a Metal Zone and hate the {censored} out of it, I am looking for a high disto that has a lot of bass and power. The metal zone seems more thrash to me I want sludge/stoner/doom type. I already have a fuzz.

• Members

Early reports seem to indicate the new Emma holds the title.

I have the Riot and the PisdiYAUwot.

They're REALLY different.

The Riot is really grunty... almost Brown Soundish. It's like the best hotrodded Marshall.

The PisdiYAUwot sits more in the 5150/Recto camp. It's more open sounding, with VERY versatile EQ controls. It's got a bit of "grain" to it that helps it cut and be agressive, but DOESN'T have the "fizz" that most high-gain pedals do.

It's pretty well made. It's what I hoped the ReezaFRATzitz would be.

• Members

heard some clips of the monster effects mastortion, pretty powerful

I really wouldn't call the Mastortion a high gain distortion. If the amp is a little dirty though, then it is exactly what the OP is looking for - big aggressive as {censored}, huge bass, and not too tight (great for stoner metal type stuff). Just the Mastortion into the clean channel actually has less gain than I thought it would (still sounds good though - see Kayzers youtube demo).

• Members

I'm on the wait list for a polished box Openhaus. I want to pick up something in the meantime though. I've been eyeing the Riot, and the PisdiYAUwot. I loathe the color of the Riot though, and I'm digging the clips of the PisdiYAUwot (even though that isn't the style of music I play).

• Members

I'm on the wait list for a polished box Openhaus. I want to pick up something in the meantime though. I've been eyeing the Riot, and the PisdiYAUwot. I loathe the color of the Riot though, and I'm digging the clips of the PisdiYAUwot (even though that isn't the style of music I play).

I have the Pisdi and the Riot, and spent a BUNCH of time with the Openhaus.

Describe your needs.

• Members

The PisdiYAUwot is great if you're into boo-teek pedals. My personal favorite is the Damage Control Solid Metal Pedal.

BUT...

If you want a good metal pedal and you're on a budget, the Digitech Hardwire TL-2 is the beast-in-the-box you might want to try out. Check out some youtube demos of it.

Also, the Barber Dirty Bomb is a good one to check out.

If you want pure bottom and all "chug", you might want to try and track down a Zooom Tri-metal pedal.

• Members

I currently have a Metal Zone and hate the {censored} out of it, I am looking for a high disto that has a lot of bass and power. The metal zone seems more thrash to me I want sludge/stoner/doom type. I already have a fuzz.

What about a muff or two muffs or a swollen pickle?

UHWfStMYKdw

Archived