Tech 21 NYC Leeds Vs. WIIO

• Members

Tech 21 is a Sans Amp which means it simulates an amp and you can play it straight into a PA. They are usually a lot harder to dial in on an actual amp.

The WIIO is an overdrive pedal which means it is mainly used to add drive or dirt to your signal. If you have a tube amp these pedals can sound amazing.

That being said I don't have any experience using either...

• Members

The WIIO is an overdrive pedal which means it is mainly used to add drive or dirt to your signal. If you have a tube amp these pedals can sound amazing.

That being said I don't have any experience using either...

You can also set it to be quite clean and use the EQ to create a 'clean' Hiwatt sound.

;)

Not bad with an acoustic either.

• Members

1962 Fender Bandmaster that lacks all brightness and Fender qualities.

which is weird.

sounds like a Brit amp compared to my Hot Rod Deluxe

Those series of amps are what Marshall attempted to copy when making the JTM45, so its not surprizing you think it sounds 'british'.

• Members

have not tried the Tech 21 pedal yet.......but the WIIO does a pretty damn good job of emulating the basic HIWATT tones. :love:

and version 2 of the WIIO is quite an improvement from version 1 :thu:

i have been experimenting with using the WIIO with the gain way down.....and it works kinda nice like that.

gonna do some new demos of the WIIO version 2, will be uploaded this weekend :thu:

• Members

What makes you say that?

the gain has been "tamed" quite a bit......and some other little things were changed. all in all, it was basically polishing what was already GOOD and making it GREAT. i am really impressed with v2 -- it's much more useable and toneful to my ears, and closer to a true HIWATT sound that v1

however.....version 1 does have a certain charm to it, and is a gainy RAWK MONSTER :lol:

but if i had to choose one, it would be version 2 without a doubt :thu:

• Members

have not tried the Tech 21 pedal yet.......but the WIIO does a pretty damn good job of emulating the basic HIWATT tones.
:love:

and version 2 of the WIIO is quite an improvement from version 1
:thu:

i have been experimenting with using the WIIO with the gain way down.....and it works kinda nice like that.

gonna do some new demos of the WIIO version 2, will be uploaded this weekend
:thu:

Cool Bobby! We really worked hard to get V2's to have a feeling of potential behind your picking. You can play lightly and stay clean knowing full well that when you thwack it all the power in the universe will be behind it... The feeling of urge or potential is what I love and fear about my Hiwatt fullstack.

• Members

I love the v.1. {censored}ing vicious.

yeah......it IS wicked :love:

when i was recording at the Power Station, the producer LOVED the WIIO....he's a guitarist, and had quite a bit of nice gear himself.

we went thru a BUNCH of nice dirt pedals, and out of all of them, he selected by ear the BJFE Honeybee and Dyna Red, and the WIIO v1.

that made a believer out of me -- we used the WIIO on several tracks, and it stood out from a lot of the other stuff I had already recorded, and provided a nice "counterpoint" tone to the BJFe Dyna Red :thu:

Archived