Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tech 21 NYC Leeds Vs. WIIO

hello HCFXers,

Can someone provide me with detailed insight on my thread title? lol

I want a that Hiwatt tone as my favorite bands of all time all used Hiwatts (The Who, Pink Floyd).

I want to know about these two pedals, there similarities and differences
    My Band:http://theblackchromatic.bandcamp.com/

bump

Comment

pink floyd tone is a clean Hiwatt into strat so no help pedal wise there.

WIIO nails the leeds tone never trid the tech 21 so no help there sorry
      My Band:Guitar Pedalboard:Bass Pedalboard:80's Marshall JCM 800 Mini Stack:1976 Fender Starcaster and 1974 HIWATT DR-103:Great Transactions With:Erim/rabott13/jiveturkey/SkyhighRocks/jhamnett/miggy01/kismet78/Stubacca/Malekko/The Great Waldo Pepper/Jumbo Fuzz/Musickbox/johnnyunitas/BTBAM/bentpcat/J Purcell/Austin AL/thesjkexperienc (X2) /paine/Bobby D.

Comment

Tech 21 is a Sans Amp which means it simulates an amp and you can play it straight into a PA. They are usually a lot harder to dial in on an actual amp.

The WIIO is an overdrive pedal which means it is mainly used to add drive or dirt to your signal. If you have a tube amp these pedals can sound amazing.

That being said I don't have any experience using either...

Comment

what amp are you using?
          "15 layers of oscillating delays and samples of hedgehogs having sex. There's your chorus." - hwaorang

"play in church.. Jesus will provide reverb" - wiklund87

"Flaming Korg solos don't grow on trees." - big69

Comment

1962 Fender Bandmaster that lacks all brightness and Fender qualities.

which is weird.

sounds like a Brit amp compared to my Hot Rod Deluxe

Comment

have you ever changed tubes on it?
              "15 layers of oscillating delays and samples of hedgehogs having sex. There's your chorus." - hwaorang

"play in church.. Jesus will provide reverb" - wiklund87

"Flaming Korg solos don't grow on trees." - big69

Comment

you can use the wiio as a clean pre amp, just roll the gain down. i've never had a hiwatt, but i like the clean tone from it (or how it alters your already clean tone).
                Great deals with: brandnewzo, DylanWilde

Comment

have you ever changed tubes on it?

yes I have, its just the way the amp is man

Comment

Based completely on clips alone, I think the leeds sounds more like an actual Hiwatt.
                    Originally Posted by knobs.

what i really want to do is legally **************** his ass, i know it'll probably be a pretty long procedure but it's going to be worth it.

Originally Posted by Phil O'Keefe

Pardon my french, but whomever it was who started this and thought it would be "funny" is an ****************************.

My band: Nine Worlds

Spam: Nada
                    Trade References

Comment

The WIIO is an overdrive pedal which means it is mainly used to add drive or dirt to your signal. If you have a tube amp these pedals can sound amazing.

That being said I don't have any experience using either...

You can also set it to be quite clean and use the EQ to create a 'clean' Hiwatt sound.

Not bad with an acoustic either.

Comment

which is weird.

sounds like a Brit amp compared to my Hot Rod Deluxe

Those series of amps are what Marshall attempted to copy when making the JTM45, so its not surprizing you think it sounds 'british'.

Comment

Those series of amps are what Marshall attempted to copy when making the JTM45, so its not surprizing you think it sounds 'british'.

Maybe formfactor? Think the JTM45 circuit is more 5F6 Bassman related.

Comment

It isn't a typical Fender amp. Cherish that thing for it's "tremolo". I'd say the blonde era wasn't fully realized. Something like Britney Spears, not quite a tweed, not quite a tolex.

Comment

have not tried the Tech 21 pedal yet.......but the WIIO does a pretty damn good job of emulating the basic HIWATT tones.

and version 2 of the WIIO is quite an improvement from version 1

i have been experimenting with using the WIIO with the gain way down.....and it works kinda nice like that.

gonna do some new demos of the WIIO version 2, will be uploaded this weekend
                              long, strong, and down to get the friction on......

youtube.com/roccotanto (for pedal demos and stuff)
                              magnatune.com/artists/lvxnova
                              twitter: @bobbydevito

Comment

Working...
                              X