so, apparently people from oregon hate californians?

echodeluxe

• Members

apparently, if i move to oregon, i wont be able to get a job because people from oregon hate people from california and will treat me like {censored} and deny me jobs because im from california.

this is from my dad, btw. i was telling him about how i was thinking about moving to oregon, and thats his response.

anyone from oregon wanna chime in?

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

wow, what a bunch of bull{censored}. oregonians talk {censored} about californians all the time even though they themselves are bigger assholes, but other than what you'll get from driving around with californian plates no one will discriminate against you on an individual level.

• Members

I live in California. I did hear that Oregonians don't like people from CA because Oregon has been a popular place for them to go when they "cash out". My next door neighbors sold their house at the top of the boom and bought a custom-built house in OR. You'd think the folks from OR would be happy about that - building new homes is good for the builders, and good for housing values.

But not being able to get jobs? Doubt it. How do they know where you came from? And even if they did, they're probably originally from CA too!

• Members

apparently, if i move to oregon, i wont be able to get a job because people from oregon hate people from california and will treat me like {censored} and deny me jobs because im from california.

this is from my dad, btw. i was telling him about how i was thinking about moving to oregon, and thats his response.

You know...you're going to bump up against some locals who have to compete for homes with Californians who have money after selling their overpriced condos and moved to Oregon but in general I found Oregonians to be quite friendly and accepting. :)

Jobs are just hard to come by in general in Oregon. :o

• Members

Californians are a bit of a PITA in the PNW generally. You see sometimes it snows here other times it rains, they don't do too well at either. Oh yeah and stop signs... I'd certainly interview you though.

• Members

It ain't that bad. some people might try to throw some lame california jokes at you, but for the most part most people really don't give a {censored} so long as you can SHUT THE {censored} UP ABOUT CALIFORNIA.

Those are the only people who annoy me. the people who move to a new town, but can never stop talking about how great their home town/state was. New York and Texas seem to be the biggest offenders. If you love it so much move back.

• Members

It ain't that bad. some people might try to throw some lame california jokes at you, but for the most part most people really don't give a {censored} so long as you can SHUT THE {censored} UP ABOUT CALIFORNIA.

Those are the only people who annoy me. the people who move to a new town, but can never stop talking about how great their home town/state was. New York and Texas seem to be the biggest offenders. If you love it so much move back.

RHCP'd

• Members

My ex gf moved to Portland and got a job as a teacher with no problem.

{censored}. i wanna get the {censored} out of here.

where do you live, Fremont?

And though it may be cheaper up there (is it?), whats the employment situation up there?

• Members

I think that used to be much more the case (at least in Portland), but I think it's not as pervasive, now that the homegrown population has been diluted somewhat. I moved here (from California) in 2005 and my friends who have been here since '99 were absolutely stunned at how quickly we made friends and developed a "crowd." When they first got here, they felt really excluded (and they are both way more extroverted than me or my wife). I will say that most of our "crowd" is all transplants, though. I do find the true locals to be pretty clique-ish.

• Members

Jobs are just hard to come by in general in Oregon.
:o

This is probably true in a lot of places right now, but it's extremely true in oregon right now.

Unless you have something lined up before you get here, or have a whole bunch of money saved, it can be a tough place to make it.

Jobs dont pay near what they do in the bay area either... of course everything is cheaper for the most part.

Archived