boss me 70 annoying issue with volume pedal

nmerc

• Members

the boss me 70 uses a volume/wah pedal that changes from a volume to a wah if stepped on hard enough. problem is, i barely even have the pedal touch the sensor and it immediately changes to a wah, mostly when i dont want it to. is there a way to adjust the sensitivity on a digital multi effect pedal like this?

• Members

the boss me 70 uses a volume/wah pedal that changes from a volume to a wah if stepped on hard enough. problem is, i barely even have the pedal touch the sensor and it immediately changes to a wah, mostly when i dont want it to. is there a way to adjust the sensitivity on a digital multi effect pedal like this?

RTFM. Seriously though the expression on Digitech RP series can be set to respond to varying pressures, maybe the Boss can as well. :idk:

• Members

RTFM. Seriously though the expression on Digitech RP series can be set to respond to varying pressures, maybe the Boss can as well.
:idk:

right on...i have the older model ME-50 and it can be calibrated or be set at different sensitivity levels on how hard you want the wah/expression modes to kick in from 1-9 i think...im pretty sure its the same with ME-70...

check and read about it in the user manual! somethig like "Adjusting the expression Pedal"

Boss ME series rock!

• 7 years later...
  • Members

My Boss ME 70 expression pedal had gone really loose. I use a PRS P22 guitar with dual output. Lately when I've turned the ME-70 to the off position and I'm playing just the acoustic piezo - all of a sudden the expression pedal on the ME 70 starts to go down all by itself. No this isn't a ghost story :smiley-lol: It was just really loose.

I followed the Boss manual on how to change the sensitivity of the pedal but that didn't do a thing. So I took a 10mm wrench and a 3/16" allen wrench and tightened up the pedal itself (just a bit - don't overdo it). Problem solved :cool:

I'm surprised its taken this long to go loose - I've put this pedal through a serious amount of gigging and road work over the past 5 years. I play in a cover band so I need a lot of flexibility. The ME 70 is a damn good pedal with some great tones that gets the job done every night for me!!

Archived