OT: Phish Concert Tomorrow

stjames

• Members

So monday and tuesday (August 9 & 10) Phish is playing in the small mountain town of Telluride Colorado and I got a free ticket for monday. I have honestly never even heard them but my dad got free tickets so I might check it out. I want to sell it but I worried about the bad karma that goes with selling a ticket you go for free. Any huge Phish fans here?

• Members

i'm a big phish fan. i've seen 5 shows this tour. they're really killing it.

i don't follow sports, so phish is like my fantasy league. me and my friends argue about it and place bets on setlists. theyre not my favorite band in the whole world, but theyre a pretty big chunk of my life during the summer tours and a lot of fun, especially when your friends are into it.

• Members

Yea, that's a good chunk of Phish for sure. I really want to go to Deer Creek and do the on site camping but I just took a week of work off for a vacation. I can't come back and take more off right away. I think I'm just going to hit up Alpine on Sunday and that'll be it for me this summer.

• Members

So the show was good. There was a lot of dancing and drugs which made all the people fun to watch. The first half was really good but then they tried to break out effects and, for me, it just went way downhill. maybe I was too sober to get into it but they just stopped playing together. And the guitar tone was way too compressed the entire time. But I danced like a hippie and had a good time. :thu:

• Members

You see, I just can't understand the outlook on Phish that most people have.
If I had to categorize them, I would not say they are a "hippy jam-band". This seems to be the stereotype.
While they may have changed their ways through the years, they did some beautifully executed, memorable {censored} that made you go WTF in the 90s. And when you are at the show,
Trey's tone is always glorious and Fishman is a samurai on the drums.
If you could listen to shows from years gone by, maybe you can begin to understand why they sell out every show and that all they are, are a bunch of dorks playing intelligent rock dance music with a normal rock/jazz setup.
With this setup, they have done things musically and with themes that nobody else has ever done in music history.

• Members
the guitar tone was way too compressed the entire time. But I danced like a hippie and had a good time.
:thu:

Haha the hippies are fun to watch.
I never understood why they all dance the same though.

Treys tone changed after his old magic Ross compressor was stolen, and was then replaced with a similar one by fans, but the new one is not as sweet.

His tone was also much better pre 1996 when he used the Languedoc with the spruce top.

Archived