Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You ever finally "get" an effect?

For the life of me, I've never been able to find a creative use for reverse delay that didn't sound like I wasn't trying to use it.

I hope that makes sense.

Put another way, I've never been able to pull off using it naturally. Like, not making it sound like I was forcing it in just to be cool or gimmicky or something.

But today
    Guitars: G&L ASAT Classic Custom & Gibson Les Paul Studio || Amp: Dr. Z Maz 8 Studio
    Pedalboard: Disaster Area DPC-5 > Diamond Compressor, Skreddy LMMD, Timmy, Turbo Tuner, Strymon Timeline & Flint

My YouTube Channel

Totally.

Never had a compressor before b/c I really didn't see the point. Then I was trading a guy for a Wampler Pinnacle, and he brought with him the Ego Compressor cause he was looking to get rid of it. I figured, "what the heck?" and tried it with my clean channel. Never again will I not have a compressor to spice up my clean channel or to give a little more to my low/mid gain distortion.
    Always without desire we must be found
    If its deep mystery we would sound
    But if desire within us be
    Its outer fringe is all that We shall see

Good Deals: Vinhoff, guitarslinger (3x), crwnedblasphemy, soundchaser59, Dimebag11, DarkCide, allan wwodrum, shesky, Scott K

Comment

I had a friend who loved reversed delay and I really looked up to him a guitar player, so when I got my first delay pedal (DD-20) I tried so hard to get a cool reverse delay sounds but I never could. So I gave up on it and just used the warp delay all the time. After like 3 years, I had gotten a lot more comfortable with my effects and was messing around when I tried to use the reverse again. I got what seemed like the perfect settings for it and was so proud of myself. But then next week I traded that DD-20 to get a DL4 because I was a baby influenced by lies. Biggest mistake of my life...

I still don't get chorus though...
      Sell me you Big Box DMM!!!

Good Deals: Manchester, spacecaptain21, jkokura, baybruin, robjrussel, itsallinmyh3ad, KingdomGuitar, Fart Murphy, craigory45, roaring20's

Comment

Phaser. Hated it for years. Static up/down, whoosh, whoosh, whoosh = boring.

Been using it a lot for Floyd-y textures and some single string funk riffs lately. Don't know why I like it now. :lem:
        Originally Posted by Reaganomics!

Maybe they cut Bin Laden open and found 14 million jobs inside of him

TRANSACTIONS WITH: JakeYanachek, StratAtak83, gener, Zlandicar, Inscho, TylerDurden24, cactuscool3r, coreopsisjay, GraceNotes, XanaduNEX, mfergel, mlabbee, hangwire, johnrambo, Small Stone, 6StrngStrangler, loomer415, EDS, thatmullingskid, TomCray , myTakamine, Sherwin, Belt, readymade, conky, sonaboy, cdawzrd, jackpotjewell, mcerreta, Overwhelmed987, thefragile103, zachary xxx, six acre lake

Comment

lot of stuff on the m13 that I hope fits in this catagory down the road
          Originally Posted by EL KABONG

On Mayers playing... I think he is writing to try and impress the wrong kind of chicks. He is writing to impress the Jennifer Anniston, Paris Hilton crowd. Anniston thinks his music is seriously "intense" so its working. If you think about it we're all just trying to impress the chicks. I think I write or play to impress the hot cool hippy chicks not mega millionaires actresses, thats why he sounds plastic.

Comment

Played without reverb for ages. I thought it would make me sound like mush live. I decided to turn it up on my AC30 once, and boy was I retarded for not using it all those years
            Great deals with: brandnewzo, DylanWilde

Comment

I was like this with compressors until recently. When I was younger I had one and I would just turn it up as far as I could so I could instantly tell the effect was on. Now that I have one again, I'm learning to use it and I'm finding it very useful.

Comment

This happened with my compressor and my tremolo. One day, as I was playing with them I realized how they should be used. It also continues to happen with my DL4. I learn new things with that everytime I mess with it...
                God is love, and love is real.

Good deals with: Lonely Tourist, nendejan, johnrambo, juice

Comment

Totally.

Never had a compressor before b/c I really didn't see the point. Then I was trading a guy for a Wampler Pinnacle, and he brought with him the Ego Compressor cause he was looking to get rid of it. I figured, "what the heck?" and tried it with my clean channel. Never again will I not have a compressor to spice up my clean channel or to give a little more to my low/mid gain distortion.

this

for years, I was like 'wtf is this for?' ...
                  Originally Posted by marc758

There is something about a gold top.

The Bassmen - Proud Fender Bassman Players
                  My old band: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/dragstripriot
                  Gibson Les Paul junior/'67 Fender Bassman/Marshall JCM800 cab
                  '91 MIJ fender p bass/'68 Kustom K100/2 15" Marshall JCM800 bass cabs

Comment

Ring mods.

Well, not really. But they can sound cool at times.
                    broke my hand on a pineapple… didn't even care

Comment

Trem for me. Outside of that one Green Day tune, I could never figure out a practical use for it. Then one day I was playing sustained notes and thought, "I really need a light trem here." The rest is history.

I would say that I've grown into fuzz, but the first one I ever had was a Maestro FuzzTone, which was absolutely horrid, so I think it's just more about finding the right one.
                      Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro, Epiphone Les Paul Standard (for sale), Fender Stratocaster, Ibanez AF75 (for sale), Alvarez Artist, Washburn Taurus, Fender Precision, Rogue MandolinAmps: Traynor YCV40WR, SWR LA12, Behringer BX3000T head/Steel Sound 2x12 bass cabPedals: Too many to list...Good deals: knives490, slufay, Jim Hunter, deadanddreaming, lank81, MickTaylorFan, jmecale72, billy budapest, melx, CRANK, Mdsmithii, juankyman

Comment

Ring mods.

Well, not really. But they can sound cool at times.

Man ring mods were the first effect that immediately made sense to me!

Comment

Man ring mods were the first effect that immediately made sense to me!

Originally Posted by Reaganomics!

Maybe they cut Bin Laden open and found 14 million jobs inside of him

TRANSACTIONS WITH: JakeYanachek, StratAtak83, gener, Zlandicar, Inscho, TylerDurden24, cactuscool3r, coreopsisjay, GraceNotes, XanaduNEX, mfergel, mlabbee, hangwire, johnrambo, Small Stone, 6StrngStrangler, loomer415, EDS, thatmullingskid, TomCray , myTakamine, Sherwin, Belt, readymade, conky, sonaboy, cdawzrd, jackpotjewell, mcerreta, Overwhelmed987, thefragile103, zachary xxx, six acre lake

Comment

For the life of me, I've never been able to find a creative use for reverse delay that didn't sound like I wasn't trying to use it.

I hope that makes sense.

Put another way, I've never been able to pull off using it naturally. Like, not making it sound like I was forcing it in just to be cool or gimmicky or something.

But today

Comment

Phaser. Hated it for years. Static up/down, whoosh, whoosh, whoosh = boring.

Been using it a lot for Floyd-y textures and some single string funk riffs lately. Don't know why I like it now. :lem:

Same with flanger. I bought the BF-2 cos I had
                              Pitchblack -> TOD V1 -> SD-1 -> Turbo RAT -> Fish and Chips -> DD-6 -> DL-4

Fender Telecaster Custom
                              Fender Jaguar Classic Player
                              Legend Telecaster (Converted to Plus)

Vox AC30CC1
                              Fender Champion 600

Comment

• Working...
                                X