Poll: Do you use batteries in your pedals?

dkerwood

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

{censored} yes I do.

I really try to avoid buying pedals that require a 9v power supply but don't allow you to use batteries. If I want to be "green" then I'll just run it with an adapter, but I don't need the builder to make that decision for me.

• Members

I really try to avoid buying pedals that require a 9v power supply but don't allow you to use batteries. If I want to be "green" then I'll just run it with an adapter, but I don't need the builder to make that decision for me.

The only one that I even own is the MXR 10 band EQ.

I've got pedals that are velcro'd to my board, and they will stay plugged in. I also have pedals that I use off the board, and if I'm using only one or two pedals, I generally use the batteries.

• Members

Lately since my 'board' is so small, I've been using dirt with batteries

Its first in my chain, I only use one at a time = can unplug to save battery easily, reduces wiring annoyance when switching dirt

Other than that, no thanks

• Members

I used batteries when i had just my PT100, SD-1 and DL-4.Then i bought a couple more pedals. I realized i was spending more than i wanted to on batteries so i went out and bought a cheap $30 Ispot power supply. It even came with a 12volt adapter for my DL-4. Fantastic Purchase.

Besides its not like putting in vintage batteries makes is sound better!

• Members

Just out of curiosity, do you ever use just one pedal, or do you always use a pedalboard?

Lately, I've been pluggin in straight into the amp, I've sold most of my pedals. I'm going to get a few new ones this week though. Then, they all get powered from my Supa Charger. Except one will need it's own power supply. I don't even think batteries is an option on this one.

• Members
Ispot power supply. It even came with a 12volt adapter for my DL-4. Fantastic Purchase.

Don't you find that the DL4 doesn't like the 1Spot? I tried it once and the delays sounded less luscious particularly on the analog settings.

But yes, never used batteries. I once contemplated it when I was just going to bring an SD-1 to a gig, but I thought I want my tuner too and rather than spend (too much) money, the whole rig went anyway.

It just makes sense. I have a multiplug on there, with two spare which is useful when on stage if amps have short leads or anything, one taken by the 1spot and the other for my DL4.

I don't understand how anyone whether their pedals are retro or brand new, if they have more than 2 or 3 why they'd bother with batteries, it makes no sense :idk:

• Members

Lately, I've been pluggin in straight into the amp, I've sold most of my pedals. I'm going to get a few new ones this week though. Then, they all get powered from my Supa Charger. Except one will need it's own power supply. I don't even think batteries is an option on this one.

I just notice that most people who swear by power supplies are also the guys who run ten or fifteen pedals, which makes sense.

I know a guy who runs just a TS between his guitar and amp. He powers it with a battery. Power supply would be overkill and a little restrictive. Sometimes when I play acoustic, I'll break out an EQ pedal or a little delay. I've played some stages where there's no power anywhere handy, which means I'd have to bring guitar, cables, pedal, power supply, and an extension cord. Seems like a lot for one effect, especially when the battery is an easy option.

Don't get me wrong- I use power supplies at least 90% of the time. If I use my M9, I go ahead and use a power supply on any other pedals since power is handy anyway. I just think that if some pedal builders just decided that they would quit adding battery compartments, they'd lose a significant amount of flexibility and functionality.

• Members

{censored} yes I do.

100% this.

About the "green" thing, I bet all of these manufacturers have a car.. Well, I don't.

• Members
I don't understand how anyone whether their pedals are retro or brand new, if they have more than 2 or 3 why they'd bother with batteries, it makes no sense
:idk:

Agreed. Even if you have older pedals with no DC jack, that's what battery clip adapters are for.

Heck, even if you have 2 or 3 velcro'd to a board so they can stay plugged in, you'd want to use a power supply so you wouldn't have to unplug each pedal every time.

• Members

Don't you find that the DL4 doesn't like the 1Spot? I tried it once and the delays sounded less luscious particularly on the analog settings.

Ive always used my Ispot. Mainly because i dont feel like putting 4 C Batteries in it! Now im curious!

Anybody got 4 c batteries?

Archived