I'm about to get some monies... What to do w/ it?

dap99

• Members

I got a new job which I start in a month. My old job will give me a check for the vacation time I've not used. Said check should be about $1,200 USD. Teh wife gave me permission to do whatever the hell I want w/ it. I figure I'll put it away and save it towards something awesome. As the poll indicates, here are the thoughts I'm having:

1. New computer dedicated for recording

2. A high quality acoustic guitar

3. A second amp - like a Matchless or Dr. Z

4. An Axe FX

5. A really cool Looper pedal

• Members
Spend it on your parents and loved ones? -ducks-

Two things:

1. A think I lowballed the figure, I should actully be getting closer to $2k!

2. I just may be taking your advice, fetch. It's been a really rough few months and the missus has been nothing but supportive so I may get her a gift or something.

One other thing I may need to consider is a new home entertainment setup. My TV, tuner, CD changer (not busted) are all from 1997 :facepalm: So I may put some monies away for this here poll and put the rest towards a new TV etc.

• Members

Whatever you spend, make sure you've got at least a couple of tons left over to take your missus out for a {censored}ing fantastic meal with some great wine as a way of saying, "Thank you for letting me recklessly disregard a buffer."

You'll get buttsecks, so you're still winning...

• Members

Hah, I don't see how you can possiy back this up... Maybe you just hate acoustics? I gaurantee you won't be using the same axe fx or computer in 20 years, a good acoustic can last a lifetime

I voted "amp" .... so, the same could be said of that. ;)

• Members

Out of those, I'd say the acoustic. Unless you're really into recording a setup will only sink in value. Great amps can be found for a lot cheaper, but a fantastic acoustic will be treasured, can be taken all over the place, and will retain their value if looked after.

Otherwise - spend the money on something you and the fanmily have never done before. You'll never regret or forget it.

Archived