Should I buy this...

cg_25

• Members

New Desktop:

Untitled-2-1.jpg

Basically:

- Intel i7-930 2.8Ghz (4 cores, 8 threads & hyper-threading)

- EVGA X58 3-way SLI mobo

- Corsair 6GB triple channel DDR3 1600MHZ

- Western Digital 1TB HDD

- GeForce 9800 GT 1GB (meh)

- And basic case, psu, fans, monitor etc...

• Members

Aside from the fact its using Intel.... j/k :p

Hmm, the only thing I might be concerned about is the Rosewill powersupply.

I have a BUNCH of Rosewill stuff and have had nothing but good luck with it.

However, none of it is a component that if it dies could fry my comp. So, I'm not a hater, I'm just not sure I'd power my rig with one of their power supplies. That said, something "better" could still be a lemon and go out too. :lol:

Nothing like looking at a build on newegg. :thu:

• Members
Aside from the fact its using Intel.... j/k
:p

Hmm, the only thing I might be concerned about is the Rosewill powersupply.

I have a BUNCH of Rosewill stuff and have had nothing but good luck with it.

However, none of it is a component that if it dies could fry my comp. So, I'm not a hater, I'm just not sure I'd power my rig with one of their power supplies. That said, something "better" could still be a lemon and go out too.
:lol:

Nothing like looking at a build on newegg.
:thu:

I just threw that PSU in quick. I was looking at a few on tiger direct that weren't available on Newegg, but I'll likely change it out anyways...

• Members

Yeah, its totally preference, but when I built my el cheapo machine I got, my PSU was the 2nd most expensive thing after my mobo, just cause I want this machine to last and last and last.

Of course I have a dell optiplex upstairs with the original dell PSU from 2001 that still works fine and those were pretty big pieces of crap, so, hey...its all good. :)

Early happy new computer day.

• Members
You're buying a board that has 3 SLI slots but you are buying a pretty cheap video card. I would probably look for a board with 2 slots and get a better video card.

With a 1366 socket it doesn't get much cheaper. I would only be saving about $40 by going with the cheapest alternative, but then I'm loosing the lifetime warranty on the EVGA board. :poke:

edit: This board is by EVGA, is a bit cheaper, but has 4 slots. so... :idk:

• Members

9800s are totally meh, just a heads up. Had one, it sucked. This was also when they were brand new. They may have rectified some of the problems by now.

That's why I brought up the motherboard thing... I had one as well and I had some issues with it and Supreme Commander...

Archived