NPD/NPAD!

Edge11

• Members

dsc05763r.jpg

dsc05762h.jpg

This is the "uno" a fet mesa mark 1 (think Carlos Santana) style solidstate preamp that you can run as a "distortion pedal".

I started building it a while back and it had 2/3 kinks i could never get out until today.

I've haven't used it for more than an hour and a halve but so far I'm liking it as a preamp, haven't run it as a "distortion pedal" yet.

So far the cleans are think and lush, probably the best cleans i've heard outside of a fender twin, on par with a jazz chorus but much warmer (this could be the tube power amp I'm using with it though).

The overdrive is amazing, it has a ton of sustain and the hi gain tones are ok but nothing spectacular, actually with hi gain it still kind of stays smooth.

The question now is how and with what do it paint this baby up!

• Members

wait... you made that yourself???

yeah

Based it on the rog uno and made a couple of changes.

as of right now I'm making a template for a transfer so i can do a decal type thing and just put finish over it.

• Members

there is enough interest at least on my part. Even if they're crappy audio clips from a video loaded on youtube, it would at least give us some idea.

cool stuff...

Ok your on, I'm going to record them either today or tomorrow and i'll post the link as soon as I upload it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived