Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with a Visual Sound H2O

I recently got a VS H2O off a buddy and the effect works fine on the delay/echo side but on the chorus side, when I engage the effect there's a terrible whirling/swishing sound that will not go away. I've changed cables and it was no help. The chorus is actually very usable and lush but I will not have the whirling noise at all. Here are my ?'s:

1. Is there anything that can be done to fix this problem?
    2. Has anyone else had this problem?
    3. How can I fix this?
    Fair traders : 27Frets, Hiwatter, guitarputt83, artiem, floodstage, ventilator, PatrickF, sobrandnew2232, thesockmonster, markxander, deeohgee (X2), So Much to Say, slask (X2), surfn748, panzerdivision, deadanddreaming, Dissentience, sh333, jdredskinsfan, theshoegazer, brokenarrow5, emmerwood, KjStrat62, bootsypratt and tdepaul1313.

Are there any trim pots inside? I remember a similar problem similar to this were the previous owner messed around with the internal pots.

Otherwise, I am of no help.
    Good Eggs: b_nephets, thirsty one, Ming Chow, tonehounds, randel_07, IRG, squareking, enicar

Comment

yep sounds like someone messed with the trim pots inside and you are hearing clock noise
      Alvarez rd20sc /Squier VM HSS Strat > Boss GT-5 > Digitech JamMan > Ibanez DE-7 > Crate Vintage Club 20 / Sunn Stinger 35

WTB:
      Boss OD3

Originally Posted by LowWoods

Zappa makes god look like Rick Moranis.

Comment

Thanks guys I'll check this out now.
        Fair traders : 27Frets, Hiwatter, guitarputt83, artiem, floodstage, ventilator, PatrickF, sobrandnew2232, thesockmonster, markxander, deeohgee (X2), So Much to Say, slask (X2), surfn748, panzerdivision, deadanddreaming, Dissentience, sh333, jdredskinsfan, theshoegazer, brokenarrow5, emmerwood, KjStrat62, bootsypratt and tdepaul1313.

Comment

No trimpots on this one. What else could it be? I really like this pedal and want it to work for me.

Comment

I would send an email to VS, see if they can help. Or send it in to them, I hear they have excellent customer service, even if you didn't buy the pedal new. Worth a shot.

Comment

I would send an email to VS, see if they can help. Or send it in to them, I hear they have excellent customer service, even if you didn't buy the pedal new. Worth a shot.

+1
              73 Tele Deluxe
              Customized 70's Telecaster.
              LP Special Faded D/C
              Ibanez PF-18S Acoustic
              Blues Jr.
              Analogman Small Comprossor
              HBE Dos Mos
              HBE Power Screamer
              Outlaw Supply Custom Steamin'Demon
              Analogman Clone Chorus
              Analogman AR20DL

Comment

Yeah, the VS guys are excellent at customer service... drop them an email, or give Dana a call there.

Comment

What power supply are you using?
                  Great transactions with: hivedestruction, TheBumRush, Invader.CC, gchatred, pfindeis, aporcelainsky, tantamo, mueller, Tone Meister, vidiot72, angelhair0 (x2), Bleedback, Insubordination, ibanez_dude, 6StrngStrangler, goodhonk, andy3033

Can o' Spam
                  GGG PT80

Comment

Working...
                  X