Ibanez DE7

timme_v

• Members

bang for buck, better than the carbon copy for ambient styles?

I'm probably the wrong guy to ask (I'm not a huge "delay guy", and I've never really seen the advantages of an analog delay), but with the repeats set low, the feedback and delay time pushed high and set on "echo", the ambience sounds really damn good to my ears.

• Members

"when it works"? Do you have physical problems with it? Or can it just be hard to dial in a good sound?

I'm not really concerned about analog vs digital either. Just want a nice sounding delay without the bells and whistles. The DE7 seems like the cheaper option, but all I ever hear about it is the self oscillation.

• Members

switches on some of the older tonelok pedals are very very shoddy. I bought a bunch the first few years they were out and on every one of them the switches are questionable at best. It helps if you stomp really really hard :)

I've heard that the newer ones work much better, but don't have much experience with them.

• Members

I did not like the CC at all.

The CC could get nowhere as lush or nice as the DE-7 on echo. I was ready to flip my CC within the first day. I forced myself to come back to it later but still the DE-7 and the Memory Toy for that matter walk all over it for ambient self-oscillating dreamscape stuff.

DE-7 on echo is a thing of beauty.

• Members

I just bought mine a few days ago for 30 bucks, and it's definitely the best pedal I will ever buy for that cheap. I haven't tried too many delays but this one is pretty damn great. I've heard the switch can be a bitch but I haven't had any troubles yet. It can definitely do some great ambient stuff when you crank up that repeat knob. Overall, it's the most surprising pedal I've ever owned, because I expected much less for what I bought it for. It pretty much blew me out of the water. :thu:

• Members

Love the reviews, although the clips on youtube are pretty crappy.

How is the switch on this thing now? People say it is junk, but that was a few years back.. I will be gigging on it ALOT so I need it to be able to hold up.

Archived